By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This trailer right here expresses exactly why the jump from current gen to next gen is large enough

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:
This has nothing on Mario 3D World

I think this is exactly the point the Nintendo gamers are advocating.

Some of us just prefer colourful and surreal imagery over attempts to duplicate something so mindane as a basketball court.

Yes, but that had nothing to do with my point. I have no problem with artistic direction. I am talking about the fidelity of the simulation over last gen. I've shown this to possibly a hundred people who arent hardcore gamers but play games like COD , Madden and NBA2k and they flipped their shit when they saw it. Mario crowds and the crowds who play annualized sports and shooter titles are a different crowd. 

Comparing this to current gen NBA I'm still not seeing a quantum leap.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
I must be missing something because it still looks like shit to me.

Eyes.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:
This has nothing on Mario 3D World

I think this is exactly the point the Nintendo gamers are advocating.

Some of us just prefer colourful and surreal imagery over attempts to duplicate something so mindane as a basketball court.

Yes, but that had nothing to do with my point. I have no problem with artistic direction. I am talking about the fidelity of the simulation over last gen. I've shown this to possibly a hundred people who arent hardcore gamers but play games like COD , Madden and NBA2k and they flipped their shit when they saw it. Mario crowds and the crowds who play annualized sports and shooter titles are a different crowd. 

I just showed this to my PC gaming friend and even he who hates sports games admitted the next gen version looks worlds better. I can barely look at the the current gen version of this game any longer. The leap wasnt as agreat as the PS2 era to the PS3 era but its still great enough to notice a difference and its not even scratching the surface. There are many more years and games to go.

Watch this current gen video after the next gen video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFFgIL1NcVQ

I can't respond anymore. This argument is over LOL. I love playing the game on my PS3 and I cant even look at it any longer.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

I just showed this to my PC gaming friend and even he who hates sports games admitted the next gen version looks worlds better. I can barely look at the the current gen version of this game any longer. The leap wasnt as agreat as the PS2 era to the PS3 era but its still great enough to notice a difference and its not even scratching the surface. There are many more years and games to go.

I can't respond anymore. This argument is over LOL. I love playing the game on my PS3 and I cant even look at it any longer.

The cloth simulation looks improved, but we're just going to have to disagree, as I find the trailer neither a big leap forward nor really all that impressive.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Locknuts said:
I think the problem is Youtube. Yes it looks better when comparing videos, but I'm sure the difference will have to be seen without compression to be really noticeable.

Everything looks better on the actual console than the Youtube counterpart. I mean the only way it could suck is if you had a sub 720p TV.

I agree. My point is that it's going to be hard to advertise the true graphical advantages on 'next gen' unless people see it in person. The first thing people do is look it up on Youtube and select '1080p'. Sony and Microsoft will have to make sure that Gamestop and others have large screen 1080p TVs playing their games to potential customers. That way they'll actually be able to understand the difference. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

The cloth simulation looks improved, but we're just going to have to disagree, as I find the trailer neither a big leap forward nor really all that impressive.

Cloth animation, hair, sweat, smoother animations (not quick and choppy like the video I just showed), more facial expressions and the true skin tone of the players shows more. Even in Fifa like this game I noticed a difference with the crowd as well compared to the current gen. We will definitely have to agree to disagree and I am thankful that we do.

Locknuts said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Locknuts said:
I think the problem is Youtube. Yes it looks better when comparing videos, but I'm sure the difference will have to be seen without compression to be really noticeable.

Everything looks better on the actual console than the Youtube counterpart. I mean the only way it could suck is if you had a sub 720p TV.

I agree. My point is that it's going to be hard to advertise the true graphical advantages on 'next gen' unless people see it in person. The first thing people do is look it up on Youtube and select '1080p'. Sony and Microsoft will have to make sure that Gamestop and others have large screen 1080p TVs playing their games to potential customers. That way they'll actually be able to understand the difference. 

My money says show the new version to the average joe who mainly plays a game like this or COD and show them the next gen versions. 

Yup pretty big gap for the first iteration into the next gen, they probably didn't make a wii U version because it look way to much like current gen so it wasn't worth the effort I guess

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Cloth animation, hair, sweat, smoother animations (not quick and choppy like the video I just showed), more facial expressions and the true skin tone of the players shows more. Even in Fifa like this game I noticed a difference with the crowd as well compared to the current gen. We will definitely have to agree to disagree and I am thankful that we do.

The animations still had an awkwardness to them in my eyes. Like the characters themselves they didn't quite seem truly lifelike.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

The animations still had an awkwardness to them in my eyes. Like the characters themselves they didn't quite seem truly lifelike.

This is my last effort to show you someone elses opinion. IGN rewind theatre even took the time to speak about this because the difference is very noticable.They also said both games are not the same and it is not ported from the current gen version (most likely the same difference with the next gen version with Fifa and Madden for EA).  These guys are the NBK 2K players of IGN and even they are gushing over it. They are stopping the video in certain points and showing the difference between the current gen and next gen versions. The animations have changed and have been enhanced. They are literally stopping the video and rewinding it so you can see even the most subtle of changes.

They even went out on a limb and said this game might even be the most technically impressive (I said technically impressive) launch game of the next gen all things considered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB7WmLxHAgU