By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This trailer right here expresses exactly why the jump from current gen to next gen is large enough

People complain too much. Look at this gorgeous in game footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlptY6G4SQ

Around the Network

Pff, seeing them sweating doesn't mean, that this is Next-Gen. If I can smell it, we can talk again. :DD jk.

Looks very awesome! But I#m not interested in NBA^^

Its awesome, but tbh to me Killzone, ryse and forza 5 looks true next gen for launch titles.

Sports games are a good way of showing off new tech in controlled environments, allowing great leaps in visuals early on in a gen. Problem is games outside of these controlled environments(everything else but racing/sports) will not look nearly as good. I am not impressed by the leap but I also think todays graphics are good enough for gaming.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Shortiloe said:

Pff, seeing them sweating doesn't mean, that this is Next-Gen. If I can smell it, we can talk again. :DD jk.

Makes sense but to the majority they arent held down to deep meaning and exclusives. To the majority of gamers that matters not. Better physics, graphics and capabilities add more to the experience for them. They don't need exclusives to buy a console which is why third parties lead the pack for many.

Around the Network

It looks good but I still don't notice a big jump. I mean I still haven't seen a PS4 game yet. All I see is trailer videos which look awesome but I want to see the real deal first to throw an opinion!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Shortiloe said:

Makes sense but to the majority they arent held down to deep meaning and exclusives. To the majority of gamers that matters not. Better physics, graphics and capabilities add more to the experience for them. They don't need exclusives to buy a console which is why third parties lead the pack for many.

I know what you're talkin' about, and agree totally. But I hope, that you read, that was a joke?:D "jk". ^^

looks like a slightly better version of last gen games.

Saviour said:
Its awesome, but tbh to me Killzone, ryse and forza 5 looks true next gen for launch titles.

They look awesome to me as well, but I was talking about people who complain about the leap. The leap is there most just refuse to see it until they look back at the same version of the same game on the older consoles. Robotic expressions, no sweat, weird physics, more overall realism and closeness to what animators would try to achieve.

Anfebious said:
It looks good but I still don't notice a big jump. I mean I still haven't seen a PS4 game yet. All I see is trailer videos which look awesome but I want to see the real deal first to throw an opinion!

Then you haven't looked at all.