By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ Wind Waker HD Retail First Week Predictions! (US/Europe)

FW sales US+Europe Combined (Retail)

Over 300k 42 16.34%

250k-300k 27 10.51%

200k-300k 42 16.34%

150k-200k 80 31.13%

Under 150k 66 25.68%

Total:257
fatslob-:O said:
benji232 said:
LOL at people thinking I'm trolling. Just you all wait and see how wind waker HD will fair.

Multiple points you've made lead me to believe you're either a troll or you're just plain stupid.

1. You said that pikmin 3 sales were bad (it sold 500k in 2months on a 3.5m userbase)

2.You said that Uncharted is a bigger franchise then zelda (Again, laughable).

3.Saying LOL in most of you're posts makes you look even more like a troll.

1. It is bad, just deal with it like how I deal with the sales for uncharted golden abyss is bad. Any title with a AA budget that doesn't get over a million is a flop and those are included.

2. That's why uncharted 3 outsold skyward sword on a smaller userbase. Hahaha your making this too easy. 

3. Sounds like you have some problem with me. 

Edit: I guess I won't be bothering with you anymore either seeing as how I'm not in denial about the whole situation. 

what about all the zeldas that sold far more than uncharted, with installed bases much lower than the ps3. including the original wind waker, that had 1/4 the ps3 installed base on gamecube.

talk about cherrypicking numbers.

Around the Network
benji232 said:
benji232 said:
LOL at people thinking I'm trolling. Just you all wait and see how wind waker HD will fair.

Multiple points you've made lead me to believe you're either a troll or you're just plain stupid.

1. You said that pikmin 3 sales were bad (it sold 500k in 2months on a 3.5m userbase)

2.You said that Uncharted is a bigger franchise then zelda (Again, laughable).

3.Saying LOL in most of you're posts makes you look even more like a troll.

1. It is bad, just deal with it like how I deal with the sales for uncharted golden abyss is bad. Any title with a AA budget that doesn't get over a million is a flop and those are included.

2. That's why uncharted 3 outsold skyward sword on a smaller userbase. Hahaha your making this too easy. 

3. Sounds like you have some problem with me. 

Ok, il respond to that one since you're making this too easy for me. 

You forgot about twilight princess? Which sold over 6.8mil copies on wii. 

And did uncharted 3 require an add-on to play the game like SS with motion plus?

As for point 3, by saying LOL in most of you're posts makes you truly look dumb, no offense intended. 

Drakes deception still outsold skyward sword. A franchise is only as good as it's last game regardless and this is even more sad considering nintendo is having problems trying to make a successor that can outsell twilight princess. 

That's your issue not mine. 

lol at the bolded.

@OP. 200k combined.

tbone51 said:

US - 85k

EU - 50k

Edit: Well so much for the people here expecting for it to go over 700k lifetime.

Why? Nintendo gameshave the best legs in gaming (in terms of year spans)

Doesn't mean the market won't ridicule wind waker HD though. 

Yes, it does actually mean exactly that. Much like they didn't ridicule OoT3D, and probably never will, unless they are retarded.

Zero999 said:

Drakes deception still outsold skyward sword. A franchise is only as good as it's last game regardless and this is even more sad considering nintendo is having problems trying to make a successor that can outsell twilight princess. 

That's your issue not mine. 

lol at the bolded.

Psst, Zero, don't tell him about how TP sold 10m after WW sold 4.6m.

"Drakes deception still outsold skyward sword. A franchise is only as good as it's last game regardless and this is even more sad considering nintendo is having problems trying to make a successor that can outsell twilight princess.

So if we're going by that logic, i'd guess Uncharted is now a dead franchise cause, you know, Uncharted Golden Abyss is the latest in the series and sold 1 million units versus its "predecessor" Uncharted 3 at 6 million. So a decline of 5 million? 

Also, if you cant win an argument against Nintendo fans, you can do like this guy and petition to have them REMOVED FROME THE INTERNET:

Just messing with ya, but what if this guy is a representation of your typical Nintendo hater? ;P

Almost amoung us!!!

Around the Network

Huh. What a thread.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

uh oh to Fatslob :P

Shadow1980 said:
Official count: Over 150,000 in the U.S. alone. That's far better than the 100k I was hoping for, and is a solid debut (#5 game overall, or #3 if you don't count PS3 & 360 ports of one game separately). European numbers are still forthcoming, but I suspect they'll be more than enough to drive the weekly tally to over 200k. If it reaches 75k in Europe, it will match the upper end of my prediction for U.S.+Europe combined. Considering how high it's been ranked on the UK, French, and German branches of Amazon as well as Game.co.uk for the past 10 days, it wouldn't surprise me if it bested even that.

And those are just 2 days of sales, nor does it take digital sales into account. Apparently at the end of september, the WWHD Miiverse community had over 50k users, so by now I'd assume it's sold 250k + in the US alone. Add Europe (retail + digital), and it may be well over 300k. Not bad for a Wii U install base of under 4 million.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Alas many of us were wrong. I included :(

fatslob predicts 135 000 sold.

cbarroso09 predicts 220 000 sold.

fatslob responds:

"LOLOL I have nothing more to add for you then if you believe that will happen. 

"BTW I'm being extremely generous with my prediction here seeing as how I think it might not even get half those numbers. 

"This time wind waker HD will not do wonders since it's on a bad system and by bad I mean selling worse than gamecube bad. It's almost guranteed that the market will reject it.

"What makes you think that an HD remaster of one of the more rejected zelda game will do wonders for a system like the wii u. 

"LOL at people thinking I'm trolling. Just you all wait and see how wind waker HD will fair. 

Comedy brought to you by the one and only, fatslob^^

I remember some vgcharterz went much lower:D