By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ Wind Waker HD Retail First Week Predictions! (US/Europe)

FW sales US+Europe Combined (Retail)

Over 300k 42 16.34%

250k-300k 27 10.51%

200k-300k 42 16.34%

150k-200k 80 31.13%

Under 150k 66 25.68%

Total:257
Arius Dion said:
fatslob-:O said:
Arius Dion said:
tbone51 said:
Arius Dion said:
USA = 45k
EU = 17k

Why so low?

Well it's an unpopular game on an unpopular console. And in EU an even more unpopular console with an even more unpopular game. 

:O 

A level headed nintendo fan stressing unpopularity more than me ? That's something I don't see very often now is it ? 

But seriously why that low ? Not even I think it will sell THAT LOW and i'm practically on the same page as sean malstrom on this whole issue of the wii u. 

To grab attention ; p it is low, but WW almost destroyed the series (Aounuma's words, not mine)I don't know why some think its popularity rose in the last decade. Generally the vibe I get from this remake is 'why'

Sean thinks it's Aounuma himself that's destroying the series. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
Arius Dion said:
tbone51 said:
Arius Dion said:
USA = 45k
EU = 17k

Why so low?

Well it's an unpopular game on an unpopular console. And in EU an even more unpopular console with an even more unpopular game. 

Its not an unpopular game, Iit sold 4.6m which is the same as LttP which is considered by mqny to be the best game in the series and was on a console with 2.5x the install base.

Actually it has sold 7 million together with the GBA remake and zelda was mostly in it's infancy at the time. 

U dont include remake sales with the original

Just to let you know, the SNES had less consoles sold than the NES. 

Thanks for letting me know, what does that have to do with anything?

It basically means blue ocean nintendo > red ocean nintendo. It's also one of the factors as to why link to the past sold less than the original NES zelda's. 

I agree that Nintendo does best when they play to there strengths but thats still rather off topic, I dont know what NES has to do with my previous post

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
Shadow1980 said:

it's one of the more mediocre zeldas.

Um, yeah. About that.

LOL metacritic means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It is sales and profits that shall determine which franchise wins and so far call of duty is breaking that record and not zelda so deal with it. If it were that good then why did it not get bought by alot non zelda fans.

I'm with fats here. I'm surprised corporate reviews are still taken seriously, especially since it's common knowledge that reviewers are bribed and guided. 

Woah are you even a nintendo fan ? 

Lol. Sometimes, I suppose ; )

seriously I'm definitely a Nintendo fan. But not a Nintendo fan-atic. And I don't blindly sign off on decisions based on the name on the plastic. 

So do you follow sean's blog at all ? He's right on alot of issues and he knows nintendo and the crowd more than we do. 

I'm a big fan of his as well. Wrote him a dozen emails lol. But again, I choose to think for myself. But generally I tend to agree with him on gaming perspective. And I love more what he represents. And to me that's more important than agreeing with him or not. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Shadow1980 said:

LOL metacritic means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It is sales and profits that shall determine which franchise wins and so far call of duty is breaking that record and not zelda so deal with it. If it were that good then why did it not get bought by alot non zelda fans.

Wait. Are you seriously saying that sales and profit margins determine quality and vice versa?

Why not ? After all nintendo was about to cancel fire emblem series when it wasn't raking in the profits so nintendo decided to it on the stand too see if it was worthy continuing the franchise.

Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
Shadow1980 said:

Um, yeah. About that.

I'm with fats here. I'm surprised corporate reviews are still taken seriously, especially since it's common knowledge that reviewers are bribed and guided. 

seriously I'm definitely a Nintendo fan. But not a Nintendo fan-atic. And I don't blindly sign off on decisions based on the name on the plastic. 

So do you follow sean's blog at all ? He's right on alot of issues and he knows nintendo and the crowd more than we do. 

I'm a big fan of his as well. Wrote him a dozen emails lol. But again, I choose to think for myself. But generally I tend to agree with him on gaming perspective. And I love more what he represents. And to me that's more important than agreeing with him or not. 

True that and I would very much agree with what you also said. ;) 

It's too bad that nintendo decided to after the gamecube route instead of the more nicer wii route. 

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
tbone51 said:
Arius Dion said:
USA = 45k
EU = 17k

Why so low?

:O 

A level headed nintendo fan stressing unpopularity more than me ? That's something I don't see very often now is it ? 

But seriously why that low ? Not even I think it will sell THAT LOW and i'm practically on the same page as sean malstrom on this whole issue of the wii u. 

To grab attention ; p it is low, but WW almost destroyed the series (Aounuma's words, not mine)I don't know why some think its popularity rose in the last decade. Generally the vibe I get from this remake is 'why'

I think Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are all good games, but i always felt something was missing from them in comparison to A Link to the Past, specifically (which is my favorite)

Takashi Tezuka and Aonuma should change positions - have Aonuma work on Animal Crossing and Tezuka go back to working on Zelda.

Incubi said:

I think Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are all good games, but i always felt something was missing from them in comparison to A Link to the Past, specifically (which is my favorite)

Takashi Tezuka and Aonuma should change positions - have Aonuma work on Animal Crossing and Tezuka go back to working on Zelda.

No, I think there may be a better idea to making zelda a mega buster franchise like halo and GT and that's by getting a big team of developers with alot of inputs on the directors game design's choices so that the game will be more successful, after all just enforcing the vision on the game makes no progress, take for an example like what happened to metroid other m with sakamoto directing the game himself without taking any criticisms to his decisions. 

That's also why I think Destiny will become a big hit with Bungie. 

Judging by the UK chart, it looks like WW sold about 30k there alone. So it must be greater than that in Europe. I'm not sure what the ratio is generally like from the UK to Europe, but I'll guess around 50k for Europe. Maybe 60k for the US in that case.

Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:
Shadow1980 said:

Um, yeah. About that.

It's too bad that nintendo decided to after the gamecube route instead of the more nicer wii route. 

Bingo! Not to derail, but that's why I feel hostility coming Nintendo and Nintendo fanatics. They are the og of gaming so it's understandable that their fan base is so divided born 80's and before nes/snes is your idea of who they are. 90's and above and you think n64/cube are who they are. The only thing is the nes/snes were market leaders. Cube flopped. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:

Bingo! Not to derail, but that's why I feel hostility coming Nintendo and Nintendo fanatics. They are the og of gaming so it's understandable that their fan base is so divided born 80's and before nes/snes is your idea of who they are. 90's and above and you think n64/cube are who they are. The only thing is the nes/snes were market leaders. Cube flopped. 

I know about the divided fanbase it's just that hardcore nintendo fans from the 90's won't know when to shut up when they don't know a system flops. I deny both the gamecube and the PS3 even though I'm a fan of the PS2 and Wii. Nintendo has troubles understanding the idea of rejection. If they thought the gamecube failed because of marketing then they will have a hard time understanding why they keep flopping.