By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ Wind Waker HD Retail First Week Predictions! (US/Europe)

FW sales US+Europe Combined (Retail)

Over 300k 42 16.34%

250k-300k 27 10.51%

200k-300k 42 16.34%

150k-200k 80 31.13%

Under 150k 66 25.68%

Total:257

US - 90K
EU - 70 K

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Arius Dion said:

True that and I would very much agree with what you also said. ;) 

It's too bad that nintendo decided to after the gamecube route instead of the more nicer wii route. 

Bingo! Not to derail, but that's why I feel hostility coming Nintendo and Nintendo fanatics. They are the og of gaming so it's understandable that their fan base is so divided born 80's and before nes/snes is your idea of who they are. 90's and above and you think n64/cube are who they are. The only thing is the nes/snes were market leaders. Cube flopped. 

I know about the divided fanbase it's just that hardcore nintendo fans from the 90's won't know when to shut up when they don't know a system flops. I deny both the gamecube and the PS3 even though I'm a fan of the PS2 and Wii. Nintendo has troubles understanding the idea of rejection. If they thought the gamecube failed because of marketing then they will have a hard time understanding why they keep flopping. 

Or they're toying with the competion and figured they'll do some vanity R&R by making the WiiU and proceed to indulge themselves by making games they want to make and to hell with what the masses wants. Then make a system they dont want to make and games they dont want to create for the massmarket in the 9th generation? 

Incubi said:
Arius Dion said:

It's too bad that nintendo decided to after the gamecube route instead of the more nicer wii route. 

Bingo! Not to derail, but that's why I feel hostility coming Nintendo and Nintendo fanatics. They are the og of gaming so it's understandable that their fan base is so divided born 80's and before nes/snes is your idea of who they are. 90's and above and you think n64/cube are who they are. The only thing is the nes/snes were market leaders. Cube flopped. 

I know about the divided fanbase it's just that hardcore nintendo fans from the 90's won't know when to shut up when they don't know a system flops. I deny both the gamecube and the PS3 even though I'm a fan of the PS2 and Wii. Nintendo has troubles understanding the idea of rejection. If they thought the gamecube failed because of marketing then they will have a hard time understanding why they keep flopping. 

Or they're toying with the competion and figured they'll do some vanity R&R by making the WiiU and proceed to indulge themselves by making games they want to make and to hell with what the masses wants. Then make a system they dont want to make and games they dont want to create for the massmarket in the 9th generation? 

I don't know about you but unless nintendo does something drastic about the wii u like the vita tv maybe they might understand to be more humble next time like sony is right now. Remember the key to winning a generation is the console with the least amount of bullshit and the wii u appears to be full of it just like the PS3 was. People want a wii from nintendo not a gamecube and yeah it helps by starting to make games they don't like to make in order to succeed in the market. 

Arius Dion said:
Arius Dion said:

With the lineup this holiday and next year, it seems like they are starting to gear more towards the Wii crowd. Wii Sports/Fit/Party, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Skylanders, Just Dance, Zumba Fitness, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Yarn Yoshi, Mario that feels like a true sequel to NSMB. Those games have a strong appeal to kids/families and they have enough games that appeal to teens like COD, Batman, Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, Bayonetta, X. 

If things go there way it could be the perfect console for the whole family. Whether or not it works out, it seems like thats what they are striving for.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Shadow1980 said:

Why not ?

So you do think that sales determine quality and vice versa. Well, let's apply that logic to other media. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was savaged by critics yet raked in over $352 million domestic. The Artist was praised by critics and won the Oscar for Best film, yet made less than $45 million. By your reasoning, DOTM was the better film regardless of what the critics say, because quality is proportional with box office numbers.

If you're going to conflate quality with commericial performance, well, with that mindset I don't think a meaningful discussion can take place here.

Again the opinions are in the box office numbers otherwise the people wouldn't pay for watching it. There was no meaningful discussion in the first place because the facts are people are paying for call of duty yearly while zelda can't even muster up 10 million for such an old franchise so take your drivel about quality relating to critics elsewhere. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Why not ?

So you do think that sales determine quality and vice versa. Well, let's apply that logic to other media. Transformers: Dark of the Moon was savaged by critics yet raked in over $352 million domestic. The Artist was praised by critics and won the Oscar for Best film, yet made less than $45 million. By your reasoning, DOTM was the better film regardless of what the critics say, because quality is proportional with box office numbers.

If you're going to conflate quality with commericial performance, well, with that mindset I don't think a meaningful discussion can take place here.

Again the opinions are in the box office numbers otherwise the people wouldn't pay for watching it. There was no meaningful discussion in the first place because the facts are people are paying for call of duty yearly while zelda can't even muster up 10 million for such an old franchise so take your drivel about quality relating to critics elsewhere. 

Why does Zelda have to muster up 10mil? Also Genres are different. Shooters are so big especially since gen 7 started. You cant expect LoZ to be as big. Zelda's performance has always did good with maybe SS the only one that should of did at least 5mil. Before you say im wrong look at fighters. SSB is one of the most popular franchises with its fourth debut coming out 2014/2015. SSBB is the only fighter ever to sell over 10mil and thats a bigger accomplishment than wat COD cuz of Genres. Now looking back at it Holy S***! Fighters are dead? After SSBB the next highest last gen is Tekken: Dark Resurrection which barely sold more than 3mil? WTF?

tbone51 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Why not ?

Why does Zelda have to muster up 10mil? Also Genres are different. Shooters are so big especially since gen 7 started. You cant expect LoZ to be as big. Zelda's performance has always did good with maybe SS the only one that should of did at least 5mil. Before you say im wrong look at fighters. SSB is one of the most popular franchises with its fourth debut coming out 2014/2015. SSBB is the only fighter ever to sell over 10mil and thats a bigger accomplishment than wat COD cuz of Genres. Now looking back at it Holy S***! Fighters are dead? After SSBB the next highest last gen is Tekken: Dark Resurrection which barely sold more than 3mil? WTF?

Why not ? After all it is one of the more older franchises. sorry but COD > SSB even though I like SSB more. COD being able to do yearly releases while also raking in more than 20 million coppies sold is more impressive in my eyes. 

tbone51 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Why not ?

Why not ? After all it is one of the more older franchises. sorry but COD > SSB even though I like SSB more. COD being able to do yearly releases while also raking in more than 20 million coppies sold is more impressive in my eyes. 

i dont think you get wat i meant. Yes sales COD obviously better! No doubt but SSB is surperior in its own genre. Think of TV. Spongebob or any major kid show will be watched more than any muture show like Walking Dead or Law+Order right? thats because there are more kids that actually watch tv cuz they dont work/have responsibilities/etc. You have to look at it overall. Shooters are the biggest genre of the last decade and its expected to sell great. Little Big Planet did 5mil while COD does 20mil but Little Planet is more impressive. Just saying. SSBB outsold the 2nd highest selling fighter this gen 4:1. Thats F***ing crazy

tbone51 said:
tbone51 said:
Shadow1980 said:

Why not ?

i dont think you get wat i meant. Yes sales COD obviously better! No doubt but SSB is surperior in its own genre. Think of TV. Spongebob or any major kid show will be watched more than any muture show like Walking Dead or Law+Order right? thats because there are more kids that actually watch tv cuz they dont work/have responsibilities/etc. You have to look at it overall. Shooters are the biggest genre of the last decade and its expected to sell great. Little Big Planet did 5mil while COD does 20mil but Little Planet is more impressive. Just saying. SSBB outsold the 2nd highest selling fighter this gen 4:1. Thats F***ing crazy

I get what you about the impressive part about it`s own genre but I`m just saying COD is the most successful franchise currently.

This is directed towards Fatslob, u claim the Zelda series is declining but that is simply not true. U base this off of Skyward Sword selling much less than Twilight Princess but if u look at the history of the series, the second mainline release on a perticular console always sells much less than the first.

NES
Zelda-6.51m
Zelda 2-4.38m
Zelda 2 sold 56% of Zelda 1

N64
Ocarina-7.60m
Majora-3.36m
Majora sold 47% of Ocarina

Wii
Twilight Princess-6.83m
Skyward Sword-3.69m
SS sold 54% of TP

So Skyward Sword hasnt shown that the series Is declining as the second release on a console sells roughly half of the first. Also u laugh at the people who think Wind Waker HD can sell over 700k, lets look at the sales of remakes compared to original releases.

Ocarina of Time-7.60m
Remake-3.14m
The remake sold 41% of the original

Link to the Past-4.61m
Remake-2.70m
The remake sold 58% of the original

Links Awakening-3.83m
Remake-2.22m
The remake sold 58% of the original

Zelda remakes typically sell 40-60% of the original, if Wind Waker to follow this pattern then it should sell 1.84-2.76m. In purely retail figures no it will not likely reach those numbers but with digital and bundled sales then it has a chance.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.