By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LoZ Wind Waker HD Retail First Week Predictions! (US/Europe)

FW sales US+Europe Combined (Retail)

Over 300k 42 16.34%

250k-300k 27 10.51%

200k-300k 42 16.34%

150k-200k 80 31.13%

Under 150k 66 25.68%

Total:257
fatslob-:O said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
This is directed towards Fatslob, u claim the Zelda series is declining but that is simply not true. U base this off of Skyward Sword selling much less than Twilight Princess but if u look at the history of the series, the second mainline release on a perticular console always sells much less than the first.

NES
Zelda-6.51m
Zelda 2-4.38m
Zelda 2 sold 56% of Zelda 1

N64
Ocarina-7.60m
Majora-3.36m
Majora sold 47% of Ocarina

Wii
Twilight Princess-6.83m
Skyward Sword-3.69m
SS sold 54% of TP

So Skyward Sword hasnt shown that the series Is declining as the second release on a console sells roughly half of the first. Also u laugh at the people who think Wind Waker HD can sell over 700k, lets look at the sales of remakes compared to original releases.

Ocarina of Time-7.60m
Remake-3.14m
The remake sold 41% of the original

Link to the Past-4.61m
Remake-2.70m
The remake sold 58% of the original

Links Awakening-3.83m
Remake-2.22m

Zelda remakes typically sell 40-60% of the original, if Wind Waker to follow this pattern then it should sell 1.84-2.76m. In purely retail figures no it will not likely reach those numbers but with digital and bundled sales then it has a chance.

Once again we`ll see who`s right. Just because the remakes sold good doesn`t mean that this one will do well since it`s on a really bad platform. 

Do u admit now that the series as a whole isnt declining tho?

And ur right it certainly isnt proof that WWHD will sell that well but it also shows there are legitimate reasons why people think it will sell over 700k.

Considering the fact that wind waker did much less than ocarina of time on the N64 while also having less attach ratio shows that the decline is pretty marginal so this only proves that nintendo needs to make less toon zeldas and zeldas that have less puzzles too in order to expand. Nintendo needs to muster up some courage to make money or else they'll keep getting squashed in this economy and that means making what the audience wants not what the developers want. 

There u go and change ur argument again, this seems like an elaborate way of avoiding a direct answer. u went from saying Zelda as a whole is declining to saying realistic/combat Zelda sells better than cartoon/puzzle Zelda.

Also Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker have virtually the same attach ratio. OoT-23% WW-21%

I'm not avoiding to give you a driect answer but if you had read my post you would have noticed "the decline is pretty marginal" so pay attention to subtle answers next time. 

Yes I did catch that, im pointing out that u wrote a paragraph with a bunch of untrue/irrelevant points to take away from the fact that u were wrong about Zelda declining

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
This is directed towards Fatslob, u claim the Zelda series is declining but that is simply not true. U base this off of Skyward Sword selling much less than Twilight Princess but if u look at the history of the series, the second mainline release on a perticular console always sells much less than the first.

NES
Zelda-6.51m
Zelda 2-4.38m

N64
Ocarina-7.60m
Majora-3.36m

Wii
Twilight Princess-6.83m
Skyward Sword-3.69m
SS sold 54% of TP

So Skyward Sword hasnt shown that the series Is declining as the second release on a console sells roughly half of the first. Also u laugh at the people who think Wind Waker HD can sell over 700k, lets look at the sales of remakes compared to original releases.

Ocarina of Time-7.60m
Remake-3.14m

Link to the Past-4.61m
Remake-2.70m

Links Awakening-3.83m
Remake-2.22m

Zelda remakes typically sell 40-60% of the original, if Wind Waker to follow this pattern then it should sell 1.84-2.76m. In purely retail figures no it will not likely reach those numbers but with digital and bundled sales then it has a chance.

Once again we`ll see who`s right. Just because the remakes sold good doesn`t mean that this one will do well since it`s on a really bad platform. 

And ur right it certainly isnt proof that WWHD will sell that well but it also shows there are legitimate reasons why people think it will sell over 700k.

Considering the fact that wind waker did much less than ocarina of time on the N64 while also having less attach ratio shows that the decline is pretty marginal so this only proves that nintendo needs to make less toon zeldas and zeldas that have less puzzles too in order to expand. Nintendo needs to muster up some courage to make money or else they'll keep getting squashed in this economy and that means making what the audience wants not what the developers want. 

There u go and change ur argument again, this seems like an elaborate way of avoiding a direct answer. u went from saying Zelda as a whole is declining to saying realistic/combat Zelda sells better than cartoon/puzzle Zelda.

Also Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker have virtually the same attach ratio. OoT-23% WW-21%

I'm not avoiding to give you a driect answer but if you had read my post you would have noticed "the decline is pretty marginal" so pay attention to subtle answers next time. 

Yes I did catch that, im pointing out that u wrote a paragraph with a bunch of untrue/irrelevant points to take away from the fact that u were wrong about Zelda declining

I still stand by the fact that zelda suffered from a decline from orcarina of time to wind waker. 

zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:
zorg1000 said:

NES
Zelda-6.51m
Zelda 2-4.38m

N64
Ocarina-7.60m
Majora-3.36m

Wii
Twilight Princess-6.83m
Skyward Sword-3.69m
SS sold 54% of TP

Ocarina of Time-7.60m
Remake-3.14m

Link to the Past-4.61m
Remake-2.70m

Links Awakening-3.83m
Remake-2.22m

I still stand by the fact that zelda suffered from a decline from orcarina of time to wind waker. 

Ok thats fine but ur original argument was that Skyward Sword proves the Zelda series as a whole is currently declining and now ur talking about a decline that happened 10-15 years ago.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ok thats fine but ur original argument was that Skyward Sword proves the Zelda series as a whole is currently declining and now ur talking about a decline that happened 10-15 years ago.

Suffered a decline? OoT is the highest rated game (at least top 5) of all time! Anyway lots of games decline which doesn't mean anything! SSBM is better than SSBB despite a major increase! Also I can argue TP went way up from WW (8mil vs 4mil). Lots of games will decline from gen 7 to gen 8 but that doesn't make them worse! I think WW HD could sell a million+. For a remake of this caliber and a remake of a game that sold 4mil im going to say 1mil is successful, over 1.5mil is a major success. I think it can do 1.2-1.5mil lifetime!

fatslob... Please, just stop and go.

Anyway, Wind Waker worldwide first week will be between 200k and 300k retail. Digital is a wildcard, but should have done well in the US because of the early release.

US: 120k
EU: 60k

Around the Network

US: 100K
Europe: 65K

150k for the US and 56k for Europe!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

US : 130k
Europe: 70k

us: 170k
eu: 40k

200-300k first week