By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How bad will selll Mario 3D World

Lawlight said:
AZWification said:

Excuse me.  They didn't  market the Wii U well enough.

And they will market it well now?

You do kno NSMBU doing very well right? it has over 2mil on a 3.5mil userbase. That attach ratiooter systems would dream of. I think its way to earlly to call it off! Yes in terms of sales compare to the others but other titles had 20mil+ user base. Give it timme, mario games have the best legs in gaming

Around the Network

I honestly don't see it doing that well. 4 million range.

Galaxy sold the way it did, because it was an entirely new concept that had the freshest ideas in platforming since Mario 64. Not to mention it was flat out amazing at every turn. Visually, musically, gameplay wise, etc.

3D Lands ridiculous sales I attribute to it being a new idea, the first big nintendo game on 3DS, and the first 3D handheld Mario.

3D World doesn't have any of that going for it. It's a rehashed idea, that is seriously lacking visually, and is not the first big Nintendo game on the system. The newest idea it has is a catsuit... compare that to galaxy and it's pretty pathetic actually.

Galaxy is one of the most boring Mario games ever made, its highly overrated.

Mensrea said:

Galaxy sold the way it did, because it was an entirely new concept that had the freshest ideas in platforming since Mario 64. Not to mention it was flat out amazing at every turn. Visually, musically, gameplay wise, etc.

3D Lands ridiculous sales I attribute to it being a new idea, the first big nintendo game on 3DS, and the first 3D handheld Mario.

3D World doesn't have any of that going for it. It's a rehashed idea, that is seriously lacking visually, and is not the first big Nintendo game on the system. The newest idea it has is a catsuit... compare that to galaxy and it's pretty pathetic actually.

I disagree, SM3DL was great, i kno you didn't like but many others did. You seen the last trailer for SM3DW and saw more power ups so why you only mention Cat suit? (Cannon Head/Double Cherry/Goomba Suit). Also not everybody cares for graphics/music. It looks good for a mario game, it might not be galaxy in terms of graphics on wiiu (upgrade), but this isnt that series, this is Mario 2.5D platformer. Rehashed? who cares Galaxy 2>>>Galaxy 1 and its more rehashed than SM3DL to SM3DW! Lots of games are rehash, at least SM3DW is doing innovative things unlike NSMBU (its true not much change from Wii version)

tbone51 said:
Mensrea said:

I disagree, SM3DL was great, i kno you didn't like but many others did. You seen the last trailer for SM3DW and saw more power ups so why you only mention Cat suit? (Cannon Head/Double Cherry/Goomba Suit). Also not everybody cares for graphics/music. It looks good for a mario game, it might not be galaxy in terms of graphics on wiiu (upgrade), but this isnt that series, this is Mario 2.5D platformer. Rehashed? who cares Galaxy 2>>>Galaxy 1 and its more rehashed than SM3DL to SM3DW! Lots of games are rehash, at least SM3DW is doing innovative things unlike NSMBU (its true not much change from Wii version)

I didn't say SM3DL wasn't great, it wasn't my cup of tea but I can recognize the value in it. I'm saying that power ups really aren't innovation. Every new Mario game has power ups.  

All I'm saying is that for the first 3D Mario game on Nintendo's first HD console, this is really underwelming. Sure it will be pretty fun, but I expected sooo much more.

Around the Network

Based on the high sales of 3D Land (over 8.5 million) and the pretty good sales of even Sunshine (over 6 million), I'd have to guess 5 million would be the worst case scenario.

By "worst-case scenario," I mean that the Wii U would have to not only be this gen's Dreamcast, but its Saturn, selling worse than even the GameCube. Even then, 3D World will sell 5 million.

It's a Super Mario game. Those sell rather well.

Love and tolerate.

Let's summarize :

September 2012 : People are tired with the same 2D Mario games(New Super Mario Bros 2/U), Super Mario 3D Land is a more fun and innovative game.

January 2013 : Super Mario 3D Land/World are steps backward Super Mario Galaxy HD.

Mensrea said:
tbone51 said:
Mensrea said:

I didn't say SM3DL wasn't great, it wasn't my cup of tea but I can recognize the value in it. I'm saying that power ups really aren't innovation. Every new Mario game has power ups.  

All I'm saying is that for the first 3D Mario game on Nintendo's first HD console, this is really underwelming. Sure it will be pretty fun, but I expected sooo much more.

ok well you put it that way... Still ! You said ridiculous sales when i happy for SM3DL >_< But its all good, also i think you expected to much cuz you want a galaxy successor! Lets b real SM3DW looks good (not talking about graphics) for a SM3D game! Its not Galaxy though. Its like Paper Mario+Mario/Luigi RPG yes they are both rpgs but are different! They cant be a direct comparison! thats all im saying. No matter wat SM3DW is going to be fun with multiplayer *.* am I right?!

it will sell so badly in the millions.

Mensrea said:

says galaxy was amazing in visuals but 3d world is lacking visually. I spot a contradiction here. and calling it rehashed, isn't that a popular word nowadays? look, no one cares if it's kinda similar to 3d land. people buy a game because of what it is and 3d world looks amazing in every department, overflowing with level design and fun gameplay. It will sell deserved gangbusters.