By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How bad will selll Mario 3D World

AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Let's face it, Mario 3D world look totally subpar compared to the previous Galaxies.  The Wii U is selling quite badly and this subpar game won't be a true system seller.

I predict the game to be the worst selling game of the serie. It will sold less than Sunshine and NSMBU. I think that it will sell 2.5-3 millions LT, which would be a big failure for platform Mario.

The typical consumer doesn't give a flying  damn if  3D World doesn't match Galaxy in terms of quality. They will buy it because it is Mario.

Why didn't they buy NSMBWiiU then?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Let's face it, Mario 3D world look totally subpar compared to the previous Galaxies.  The Wii U is selling quite badly and this subpar game won't be a true system seller.

I predict the game to be the worst selling game of the serie. It will sold less than Sunshine and NSMBU. I think that it will sell 2.5-3 millions LT, which would be a big failure for platform Mario.

The typical consumer doesn't give a flying  damn if  3D World doesn't match Galaxy in terms of quality. They will buy it because it is Mario.

Because Nintendo didn't market the Wii U.  Nintendo  has plans to market  the Wii U so saying that 3D World will do 3 million is simply silly. The lowest I would say is 5.5 million.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lawlight said:
AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Pretty sure its over 2 million already and will have long legs like all Mario games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

orniletter said:

lazy und subpar

...fucking christ !

I wonder what he calls those generic games with a pallete of like 3 colors.

Lawlight said:
AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

over 50% of the wii u installed base did. Mario U is the kind of game that a wii u owner tends to buy eventually but doesn't make many to buy the system just to play it. seriously, stop this fallacy of saying nsmbu is not selling. what did you expet? over 5M on a 3.5 M base?

Around the Network

Rip nintendo.

I can't imagine less than 5 million by the end of the Wii U's life-cycle.

Still, it will be interesting to watch. There may be a bit of Mario fatigue building around the Mario name in general. That's to say, people might not buy a game as readily simply because it has "Mario" in the title and instead Nintendo will have to advertise differences and make people want each version. Galaxy will probably be safe from that, as it's somewhat new, but the other lines might have to prove themselves.

As for the game itself, those screenshots look light years better than that gif.

I think you're very mistaken, all you have to do is look at the popularity of SM3DL on 3DS. These types of Mario game are more popular than 3D ones like the Galaxy series, because a lot of people prefer the more 2d aspect and it will therefore have a wider audience. So I think your assumption of lower sales than Galaxy is flawed, even with a lower Wii U install base.

AZWification said:
Lawlight said:
AZWification said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Because Nintendo didn't market the Wii U.  Nintendo  has plans to market  the Wii U so saying that 3D World will do 3 million is simply silly. The lowest I would say is 5.5 million.

1. They obviously marketed the WiiU - who are you trying to con here?

2. Where did you get that they only now have plans to market the WiiU?

Oh its another one of those silly bash Nintendo threads! /waves

I think the only thing that is subpar here is the OP's capability to read game quality.