By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How bad will selll Mario 3D World

orniletter said:
yoshidino said:

Not sure, SM3D Land sold well, although it was bad. So, I think you could be surprised. Excluding remakes (Super Mario Bros DX, the lost levels which is a kind of remake) and Mario Bros on NES, the worst sales in Mario history are for Super Mario Galaxy (Yoshi's Island is not Super Mario World 2 for me). So to defeat it, sales have to be more than 6.3 million. I think it could happen, not this year but by the end of 2014, maybe.

It wasn´t bad.

It was well received by the media and is regarded as the best portable Mario game.

Yes, I would have said in comparison with the Mario on game consoles. That's true that Mario platformers of handhelds are often remakes or Super Mario Land (GB) like So, not bad games, but less good :). Moreover, SM3D Land is too short.

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

I watched it. Still subpar. The reason I am not buying a Wii U this year.

The thing is that with such a low userbase, whith such disappointment and total lack of hype around the game, it will sell very little compared to the Galaxy's.

Adding a IMHO will make people believe you are more serious... Stating it as a fact is just lame...

meanwhile...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

It's obviously not supposed to fall in line with 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2 though. People need to stop that comparison. It belongs with 3D Land.
That said, it doesn't look 'lazy' (I hate it when this word is used just because someone don't like it, it's disrespectful to say this when the developers are obviously putting lots of work into something) in the slightest, neither graphically nor gameplay-wise. Lastly, it won't sell bad. Maybe slightly less than 3D Land, which should end up at just over 10m, but 8m should be doable. It should be able to beat Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Stop trying to compare every new Mario to 64,Sunshine or galaxy and enjoy them for what they are, creative, fun, brilliant platformers. IT's my most hyped game after the new trailer and it could be more fun then Galaxy cause of the multiplayer.

orniletter said:

lazy und subpar

...fucking christ !

Yeah, you just slaughtered all the ignorant trolling arguments.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I thought it looked pretty kool and I actually hate Mario :)

The new trailer looks amazing, and better graphically than Galaxy already.

Anyhow, I think this game will sell as well as Wii U sales allow it to.

Grammar is a bitch

2-3M.

Lucas-Rio said:

Let's face it, Mario 3D world look totally subpar compared to the previous Galaxies.  The Wii U is selling quite badly and this subpar game won't be a true system seller.

I predict the game to be the worst selling game of the serie. It will sold less than Sunshine and NSMBU. I think that it will sell 2.5-3 millions LT, which would be a big failure for platform Mario.

The typical consumer doesn't give a flying  damn if  3D World doesn't match Galaxy in terms of quality. They will buy it because it is Mario.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---