By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How bad will selll Mario 3D World

FATALITY said:
*BAD

Wats bad? 3mil?

Around the Network

3 millions is very bad for a Mario game, it's industrial error.

3m is kinda... low.

What would constitue as good in your opnion?

lazy und subpar

...fucking christ !

Around the Network

I think it will do good. I consider Gamecube and WIi U on the same level in terms of system sales. so this game should do as much as sunshine.

But I have hope still in both WiiU and SM3DW

and btw I don't think is a subgame... it is just a different game.

Switch!!!

You seem to be forgetting that SM3DL sold better than the Galaxy games.

The reason Nintendo went down this route is because of sales, the only thing that could hold it back is the popularity of the Wii U itself.

As far as the game goes a sequel to SM3DL was a better choice than 64>SS>1>G2>X

I still believe there will be a true 3D Mario game somewhere down the line, they basically have three pillars ofMario platformers now.

Lucas-Rio said:

I watched it. Still subpar. The reason I am not buying a Wii U this year.

The thing is that with such a low userbase, whith such disappointment and total lack of hype around the game, it will sell very little compared to the Galaxy's.

Not sure, SM3D Land sold well, although it was bad. So, I think you could be surprised. Excluding remakes (Super Mario Bros DX, the lost levels which is a kind of remake) and Mario Bros on NES, the worst sales in Mario history are for Super Mario Galaxy (Yoshi's Island is not Super Mario World 2 for me). So to defeat it, sales have to be more than 6.3 million. I think it could happen, not this year but by the end of 2014, maybe.

Yoshi's the best of the beasts

All I know is it will still sell more than what 3rd parties can't even reach across multiple systems.

yoshidino said:

Not sure, SM3D Land sold well, although it was bad. So, I think you could be surprised. Excluding remakes (Super Mario Bros DX, the lost levels which is a kind of remake) and Mario Bros on NES, the worst sales in Mario history are for Super Mario Galaxy (Yoshi's Island is not Super Mario World 2 for me). So to defeat it, sales have to be more than 6.3 million. I think it could happen, not this year but by the end of 2014, maybe.

It wasn´t bad.

It was well received by the media and is regarded as the best portable Mario game.