By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One: "We are winning the games message"

J_Allard said:
RenCutypoison said:
J_Allard said:
Well he is certainly right from my point of view. PS4 has nothing that comes anywhere close to Titanfall.

Titanfall 6 months after release.

Plus Destiny that looks awesome.

That soon? Awesome.

Timed exclusive, they saw the hype, they love money (like everyone), why would they wait more before starting to port (plus, on a very similar architecture)

Around the Network

If they could show the games in actual gameplay thad would be verry nice, I was pretty stunned the first time I saw Plants and zombies Visuals on Xbox 1, I was like; the xbox aint no joke.......But we all know the games on E3 were running on GTX Titans.

Gears of war actual gameplay pictures in 4k?

Using M$ Paint for Ryse to fix clipping for pictures of gameplay?

What is there problem?

1080P 60 frames gameplay, 4GB RAM used in BETA product,  KZ SF is a Release game (wait for Last of us 2;)

Imo thads enough quality to compare the whole Xbox 1 launch lineup atm.

kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
Honestly as far as launch line-ups go, it's a wash IMO. It really boils down to your preferences.

meh.

if you want to look at launch titles things seems to be a wash.  pretty much evenly matched on exclusives count so it's just up to you to prefer one franchise over another.    but if you want to look at launch windows playstation is clearly winning.

xbox one

playstation 4

launch titles

launch window

total

As far as numbers go the PS4 obviously is winning there since they have almost an absurd amount of indie exclusives. Now don't take that as a bad statement because a lot of those indie games look pretty amazing, like Rime, The Witness, and a bunch of others that I can't remember the name of.

However, the point I was making with my comment is you can say all day that you're winning in the games department but it really boils down to the individual preferences that someone may have.

For instance, the X1 could have a total of 3 exclusive titles versus 100 for the PS4 but if one of those 3 X1 titles were Halo 5, then the X1 lineup would be better than the PS4 lineup...but that's just what I personally think. It's on a person to person basis. And it really bugs me when people try to super-impose their gaming opinions as a fact like so many people in this thread are doing.

I was actually wondering where you got the numbers from but found out you got them on IGN. So it should go without saying that both of those lists are far from complete (as far as launch window goes). 

I looked at both launch window lists and there were 3 games in the X1 list that I want and 4 that I want on the PS4 list so not that big of a difference considering. (all were exclusives...ish mind you)

EDIT: Also had another random thought that I wanted to add. I'd be willing to bet that by the end of their first year both consoles will have between 60 and 80 games total. This thought ties back in heavily with it basically boils down to your personal preferences.

kitler53 said:
yo_john117 said:
Honestly as far as launch line-ups go, it's a wash IMO. It really boils down to your preferences.

meh.

if you want to look at launch titles things seems to be a wash.  pretty much evenly matched on exclusives count so it's just up to you to prefer one franchise over another.    but if you want to look at launch windows playstation is clearly winning.

xbox one

playstation 4

launch titles

launch window

total

Your going off IGN's list and it's not even correct besides launch titles. Launch window games are still up in the air considering I can name several games they don't even have listed for X1 like plants vs zombies, max and the magic marker, etc.  

Someone should tell him that if he wants to use awards to talk about a library of games make sure 60% of those awards aren't for one game because a game isn't a library.

Also, I disagree. I haven't bought GT5 and wont buy GT6 so Forza and Drive Club is meaningless to me. KI's price point is a huge turn off and the only fighter I bought on Ps3 was a Capcom vs Marvel because it was on clearance for less than 10 dollars at target because 2D fighters are really just boring and dull.

Ryse and DR (which the first game I played for 20 minutes then said "I'm bored now what?" and never picked up again) vs Knack and KZ.

Around the Network

I completely agree, they are winning on the gaming front. I would prefer if they do not become the #1 console this coming generation since I believe we get the most out of a gaming company that needs to prove itself to gain momentum. Also, I have never bought a generation winner :).

Imaginedvl said:
-CraZed- said:
Unfortunately for his statement the preorder numbers don't bear that out...

Oh, so you have some magical source out there giving you exact pre-order numbers for both machines? You should share this information then, if not; your post is just plain random to me...

Seems like Kettle calling pot black.

You stated that MS is winning the games message, but provide no "evidence" of such except your opinion, and now you are asking for this guys magical source... 

Let's be sensible shall we :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

RenCutypoison said:

Timed exclusive, they saw the hype, they love money (like everyone), why would they wait more before starting to port (plus, on a very similar architecture)

Oh you're saying 6 months after Xbone Titanfall release, PS4 owners will finally get a game like Titanfall. Nah, gonna be longer than that, if at all. Might even have to wait for Titanfall 2.

Interesting how people still think Titanfall is a launch game.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

larrysdirtydrawss said:

multiplayer only,zzzzz,big deal...  lotta sony ppl also have pc's,and they can play it day 1 if they wanted.. or just get it on the ps4 10 months from now,probably with better textures/shading and framerate.. of just get destiny/the division if they want an online only game that looks better. all imho of course.

Well the thread is Xbone versus PS4 comparison of games. If you want to include PC then suddenly the PS4 loses a ton of its exclusive games. And better than 60 frames per second? Ken Kuturagi, is that you? Will Titanfall finally bring Sony's 120 frames per second into reality? Awesome. And yeah Destiny/Division look good. Coming to both consoles, of course.