By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One: "We are winning the games message"

Zero999 said:

he is right, xone's lineup is better than ps4's. but being $100 more expensive and having stained the console on the public's eyes more than even things out.

I think everyone agrees that the $100 is a bad idea for MS.  I do think that the 180 thing is well behind them for 95% of the public.  It gets brought up on these forums and the gaming sites frequently do to the whole PS4 vs XB1 debates.  It really is no longer relevent.  If they had actually sold systems that way for any period of time, then people woud have been more likely to care. 

Around the Network
Frequency said:

This PR stuff isn't aimed at people like you and me that actually follow this sort of stuff most days, it's aimed at the general public, who are by and large the majority of console buyers who do so for the games they see, pre order numbers are nice to know but don't tell the whole story - even if you disagree with his message you have to respect the recovery Microsoft have made since the initial shitstorm at the reveal, while they may very well not beat Sony in the short or long term, all that really matters is that the console is successful enough that the people who purchase it, get at least 5 years worth of excellent games out of it.

I personally hate the idea that a console "sucks" just because it doesn't sell as well as something else, it doesn't apply to a single other thing in the world so why should it apply to consoles?
It could sell 1 million worldwide in its lifetime, and as long as at least one of its games is good then its worth it, and doesn't "suck".

Too many people these days too busy picking sides and not realizing that its a freaking consumer product, you DON'T NEED TO PICK A SIDE, you CAN HAVE BOTH, you can ENJOY GAMES ON BOTH SYSTEMS, all you have to do is have enough logic and intelligence to realize that, and purchase what you enjoy.

How that simple logic can be lost on such a huge number of people absolutely boggles my mind.

It amazes me that the console war is essentially just a large group of people seeking reassurance of their purchases rather than just shutting up and enjoying the games they bought the thing to play.

This is a great post and I'd add that even if you aren't interested in another product talking down on it is silly and shows you're weird bias. It's funny to me. 

The Fury said:
walsufnir said:
riecsou said:
PS4 are leading on pre-orders from the data on this site.
PS4 leading exclusive: KZ 230,000-- One leading exclusive: Forza 71,000
PS4 Madden NFL 70,000--- One with exclusive contents: 48,000
PS4 multiplatforms are leading Xbox one games .
Those data would have to be very, very wrong for Microsoft to say:"We are winning the games message"

Yes - sales are a good point for measuring games quality. Well played.

Yeah because PR talk is also a good measure for how good a system is/games are.

Both is wrong of course. It all breaks down to personal preference, yours is obvious.

Hynad said:
DJEVOLVE said:

1) Thanks for handling my light work. LOL

@Hynad

1) Yes

2)yes you do that

3)all the time on any thread that doesn't say sony is god

4) See 3

5) No, We know exactly how you are.

The burden of proof is on your shoulders. You have no idea what you're talking about, but that's nothing new. ^_-

When did I troll MS? Show me, please. It's gonna be fun to see you try.

I just wanted to number my answer, you guys did it. WTF i can't, c'mon, seemd so fun.

J_Allard said:
Well he is certainly right from my point of view. PS4 has nothing that comes anywhere close to Titanfall.

It does have a larger scale, multiplayer only, War Thunder, which the ONE doesn't have:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/gaijin-explains-why-war-thunder-is-skipping-xbox-one/

That is reasonably close, unless you are THAT much in need of a mech game.

Might as well talk Killer Instinct while you are at it also.

Around the Network
Frequency said:

Really, which PlayStation console exclusives are on PC that arent indie?

That's exactly what I said, most of them are indies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Shows 76 exclusives, 53 of which are "console exclusive".

Nothing wrong with console exclusives. MS built a great library of 360 of games that console players could only play on 360. I am just saying it swings both ways.

richardhutnik said:
J_Allard said:
Well he is certainly right from my point of view. PS4 has nothing that comes anywhere close to Titanfall.

It does have a larger scale, multiplayer only, War Thunder, which the ONE doesn't have:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/gaijin-explains-why-war-thunder-is-skipping-xbox-one/

That is reasonably close, unless you are THAT much in need of a mech game.

Might as well talk Killer Instinct while you are at it also.

Sorry but how in the world is that "reasonably close"? Are we thinking of the same game? Isn't War Thunder and MMO set inside of planes? Nothing but aerial combat? Also free to play? Nothing like Titanfall.

Like my post that you quoted says, this is from my point of view. No, War Thunder is not close to Titanfall. Nothing else on Xbone is close to Titanfall. Nothing on PS4 is.

Nobody is winning the games message LOL, the exclusives for both these consoles are pathetic. Third party offering smacks whatever microsoft or sony has now and nothing will change that. The fact that microsoft touted this as their advantage makes them look more naive than before.

Zero999 said:

he is right, xone's lineup is better than ps4's. but being $100 more expensive and having stained the console on the public's eyes more than even things out.

The Xbox One and PS4 are basically even at launch with Forza and Killzone being their top exclusives based on previous sales. Neither console is launching with their heavy hitters. 

walsufnir said:
The Fury said:
walsufnir said:

Yes - sales are a good point for measuring games quality. Well played.

Yeah because PR talk is also a good measure for how good a system is/games are.

Both is wrong of course. It all breaks down to personal preference, yours is obvious.

Yes and at this point personal preference of general populace is measured in numbers. That said, neither console have good games as far as I'm concerned. Never liked Killzone, not played a Crytec game I've liked, I don't like driving games and the rest are 3rd party on both machines, no make that 4 or more platforms.

My preference is for good games I'm interested in nd I see none. I do however have more respect for the companies that didn't treat us as criminals earlier in the year.

Hmm, pie.