By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One: "We are winning the games message"

DJEVOLVE said:

1) Thanks for handling my light work. LOL

@Hynad

1) Yes

2)yes you do that

3)all the time on any thread that doesn't say sony is god

4) See 3

5) No, We know exactly how you are.

The burden of proof is on your shoulders. You have no idea what you're talking about, but that's nothing new. ^_-

When did I troll MS? Show me, please. It's gonna be fun to see you try.

Around the Network

Microsoft is acting like its going to be a cake walk to beat Sony. They will have to outmatch and outlast Sony's first party for a whole generation without a years head start. That does not bode well for their plans. They will either be fairly close or not close at all. Sony and Microsoft launching together automatically gives Sony the edge. Microsoft has their gamers but the package they are trying to sell the gamers is a lost one, especially with Kinect. Thats going to need some time to build up.

This PR stuff isn't aimed at people like you and me that actually follow this sort of stuff most days, it's aimed at the general public, who are by and large the majority of console buyers who do so for the games they see, pre order numbers are nice to know but don't tell the whole story - even if you disagree with his message you have to respect the recovery Microsoft have made since the initial shitstorm at the reveal, while they may very well not beat Sony in the short or long term, all that really matters is that the console is successful enough that the people who purchase it, get at least 5 years worth of excellent games out of it.

I personally hate the idea that a console "sucks" just because it doesn't sell as well as something else, it doesn't apply to a single other thing in the world so why should it apply to consoles?
It could sell 1 million worldwide in its lifetime, and as long as at least one of its games is good then its worth it, and doesn't "suck".

Too many people these days too busy picking sides and not realizing that its a freaking consumer product, you DON'T NEED TO PICK A SIDE, you CAN HAVE BOTH, you can ENJOY GAMES ON BOTH SYSTEMS, all you have to do is have enough logic and intelligence to realize that, and purchase what you enjoy.

How that simple logic can be lost on such a huge number of people absolutely boggles my mind.

It amazes me that the console war is essentially just a large group of people seeking reassurance of their purchases rather than just shutting up and enjoying the games they bought the thing to play.

walsufnir said:
riecsou said:
PS4 are leading on pre-orders from the data on this site.
PS4 leading exclusive: KZ 230,000-- One leading exclusive: Forza 71,000
PS4 Madden NFL 70,000--- One with exclusive contents: 48,000
PS4 multiplatforms are leading Xbox one games .
Those data would have to be very, very wrong for Microsoft to say:"We are winning the games message"

Yes - sales are a good point for measuring games quality. Well played.

Yeah because PR talk is also a good measure for how good a system is/games are.

Hmm, pie.

Frequency said:

This PR stuff isn't aimed at people like you and me that actually follow this sort of stuff most days, it's aimed at the general public, who are by and large the majority of console buyers who do so for the games they see, pre order numbers are nice to know but don't tell the whole story - even if you disagree with his message you have to respect the recovery Microsoft have made since the initial shitstorm at the reveal, while they may very well not beat Sony in the short or long term, all that really matters is that the console is successful enough that the people who purchase it, get at least 5 years worth of excellent games out of it.

I personally hate the idea that a console "sucks" just because it doesn't sell as well as something else, it doesn't apply to a single other thing in the world so why should it apply to consoles?
It could sell 1 million worldwide in its lifetime, and as long as at least one of its games is good then its worth it, and doesn't "suck".

Too many people these days too busy picking sides and not realizing that its a freaking consumer product, you DON'T NEED TO PICK A SIDE, you CAN HAVE BOTH, you can ENJOY GAMES ON BOTH SYSTEMS, all you have to do is have enough logic and intelligence to realize that, and purchase what you enjoy.

How that simple logic can be lost on such a huge number of people absolutely boggles my mind.

It amazes me that the console war is essentially just a large group of people seeking reassurance of their purchases rather than just shutting up and enjoying the games they bought the thing to play.

Yes, the general public is definitely reading this. ;)

Around the Network
The Fury said:
walsufnir said:
riecsou said:
Those data would have to be very, very wrong for Microsoft to say:"We are winning the games message"

LOL I died when I saw this because its so true. Microsoft relies more on marketing and PR than anything else when it comes to their war with Sony.

Lol what a joke, it is like those people who say The last of US is way better than Call of Duty, the pre orders for Ghost are way higher than The Last of US ... sales and pre order numbers are always a measure of quality.. FACT!

Seriously since when did gamers became so pathetic bunch of people, reading this threads make me embarrassed for being a gamer.

GamechaserBE said:
Lol what a joke, it is like those people who say The last of US is way better than Call of Duty, the pre orders for Ghost are way higher than The Last of US ... sales and pre order numbers are always a measure of quality.. FACT!

Seriously since when did gamers became so pathetic bunch of people, reading this threads make me embarrassed for being a gamer.

Some people just don't understand that quality is subjective. 

The Fury said:
walsufnir said:
riecsou said:

Thanks you, i laughed so hard, you made my day even my week.

he is right, xone's lineup is better than ps4's. but being $100 more expensive and having stained the console on the public's eyes more than even things out.