By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 30 million or xbox360 20 million, what will come first?

360 20 million. Several major games (most notably GTA IV) will bump 360 sales significantly before Wii has a chance to rack up 30 million.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I'm guessing the 360 will hit 20 mil first, but only a month or two before the Wii hits 30 mil.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

In the next couple of months, sales of the PS3 and 360 will slow down. The Wii will still have strong sales. So I expect the Wii to sell 5:1 compared to the 360. Mario Kart and Wii Fit will be major system movers as well. I think the Wii will hit about 32 million before the 360 gets to 20 million.

If there is no price cut for the 360 then the Wii will make it to 30 million before the 360 makes it to 20 million. Nintendo plans to ship more then 24 million by March 31st so keep that in mind. After March 31st I expect a slight increase in shipments due to Nintendo not holding back (Yearly results would be affected).

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I think people may be over estimating GTA impact. I think a large portion of the people who will be getting it already own a 360 or ps3. It will definately move some systems, but without a price cut to go along with it, i think it will only move a relatively low amount more than normal. On the other hand, i think the Brawl (supply permitting) will move a good amount of systems. Many people tell me that they are waiting for Brawl to get a wii. Plus at least at my store, We have easily 3 times more brawl reserves than gta reserves on both the ps3 and 360 combined. So with that said, i think it will be real close. I'd say a 360 price drop will swing it in the favor of 360, but no price drop will give it to Wii. So really the ball is in MS court.

Around the Network

360 will but Wii would win if there was more supply. I think if there was enuff supply, Wii would hit 30 million within the nest 3 days!

Yeah. Price cut gives it to 360, maybe not easily, but a decent price cut will help move X360 sales even more than GTA4.
A production hike for the Wii would take a few months to really be noticable, unless, of course, there has already been a production hike and the boxes are going towards a launch. Say, 1M launch to China in May, needing 250k a month more for building up the inventory. If that happens and MS doesn't cut it price until later in the year, that would be enough to swing my prediction the other way. But chances of that are low. Rumors would be coming out by now, I think.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

the 360 by a week or two

360 will get there first

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

i'd say the 360 for the amount of new titles soon coming out.