By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii 30 million or xbox360 20 million, what will come first?

wii is currently 9 million and a few thousand units away from 30 million, xbox 360 is 3.3 million away from 20 million, Wii sold roughly three times what xbox 460 did this week... it should be really close, unless it happens after black friday, because all consoles get a boost for the holidays. Also, will those happen first, or wii outselling the x360 in the us. You can predict a time frame too.

I think wii will do it first, in the month of september, and it will have outsold xbox360 in america by then.

Around the Network

well the wii is selling 3 times better than the 360, but 360 has GTA IV and would do good in america, so i say
360 to 20 million first

I think 360 will get to 21 million before Wii gets to 30 million, due to GTAIV. Only slightly faster, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

My money is on the Wii.

Yeah, 360 because of GTA4. But shortly afterwards, Wii will hit 30 million.

Around the Network

I agree with the previous posters, 360 because of GTA4.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Wii to 30 ftw. If they can increase production that is.

360 to 20 mill is the smart bet, but not much faster, I'd wager.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

tough call.. how many people who don't already own a 360 or ps3 also will buy a console just for gta? I think that question will hold the answer to your question

I would have to say the wii, GTA4 will move some units, but so will Brawl, Mario Kart, and Wiifit.