By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita TV is just excellent

osed125 said:

In case this stays the same and those games don't work in the west, then you still have to buy a Vita, which has remote play to begin with. Plus we don't know if all Japanese games are on that list. 

As of right now, from a gaming perpective, the only appeal the Vita.TV has is if you want only the PS4 remote play and you don't care about the games it's missing (if they stay the same).

As of right now, from a gaming perspective, the appeal of PS Vita TV other than remote play through the PS4 is to play any compatible Vita games and all games available backwards compatible through the Vita, so PSP games.

All Vita games aren't going to be compatible, regardless of patches and what not, just as all PSP games are not available on the Vita for download to play , however that doesn't change the fact that there is a good portion of games that will be playable.  The PSP has TV out, but it plays at a much reduced size when in game.

Around the Network

Completely unappealing product to me since a PS3 makes a far better job in what a gamingsystem actually is about, downgraded PS3 ports weren´t appealing on a handheld and aren´t a weaker system like PSV TV, it´s more a system for little kids due to its cheapness.

Viktor said:
Completely unappealing product since a PS3 makes a far better job, it´s more a system for little kids due to its cheapness.

Little Kids?

osed125 said:
Train wreck said:
osed125 said:

Sony gave a list of games (check my post above) and arguably the best games and the system sellers for the Vita aren't there. But like I said, we have to wait and see.

The best games might not be showing up for various reasons, 1) Assassin's creed vita is about to get a HD re-release for the PS360, Ubisoft probably wanted this game off the list to not stunt sales of the upcoming game.  2) Uncharted and Gravity Rush most likely utilize the touch pad that wont be available until the PS4 is released

@bold1 Stupid reason, it's not like the game is new to the Vita.TV, the game is almost a year old, no reason to think the exact same game will cannibalize the PS360 release. It's not even a re-release of the Vita game.

@bold2 What about the rear touchpad and games that use it?

ACIII:L isn't on the list because of the stupid "open the letter" and "aim at a source of light" parts. God damn, did I hate that stuff. Pure unplayable rubbish and now it limits the potential customer base for the game.

I think this would sell sick numbers if they added PS2 games to the list. Pay 99 for a console that plays PSX, PS2, PSP, PSV games and on top of that allows you to stream PS4 games and is a HD media device? Damn, would that be awesome. Also, a Playstation product for just 99 is the perfect Christmas gift.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

gooch_destroyer said:
Viktor said:
Completely unappealing product since a PS3 makes a far better job, it´s more a system for little kids due to its cheapness.

Little Kids?

Since it´s the cheapest Playstation right now with no delicate optical medium, yes it most likely is the actuall target audience. 

Around the Network

Wait so it's a pretty much a Vita except it's $99? or am I reading the OP wrong? If so I'll buy one of these real quick.

NobleTeam360 said:
Wait so it's a pretty much a Vita except it's $99? or am I reading the OP wrong? If so I'll buy one of these real quick.

Yeah, except it upscales everything to a max of 720p.  Also like has been stated, games that use touch screen as a gameplay mechanic, or used to choose game modes, currently isn't included in the list of compatible games. 

I'm also not sure, but I don't know if that $99 includes a controller.  1GB flash memory so if you buy games at retail no need to purchase a memory card.

kupomogli said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, except it upscales everything to a max of 720p.  Also like has been stated, games that use touch screen as a gameplay mechanic, or used to choose game modes, currently isn't included in the list of compatible games.

Oh . Yeah I just read on IGN it's supposed to be plugged into your TV so my excitement died a little after I read that. I'll just buy the redesign Vita instead. 

BasilZero said:
I'll be getting this when it comes out in the US!

Being able to play my portable games on the big screen is what I always wanted!

Being able to play portable versions of my big screen games on the big screen is what I always wanted!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Let me get this straight. It lets you play PSVita games on your TV with the DS3. I'm getting it day one even though I already have a vita.