By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita TV is just excellent

Viktor said:

Completely unappealing product to me since a PS3 makes a far better job in what a gamingsystem actually is about, downgraded PS3 ports weren´t appealing on a handheld and aren´t a weaker system like PSV TV, it´s more a system for little kids due to its cheapness.

It's a device made to compete with Apple TV and Google TV, and it supports streaming services Hulu, nico nico & Tsutaya TV. I assume more will be added with time...

Unlike Apple TV or Google TV, it offers SONY's services Music unlimited and Video unlimited, PSX, PSP, PSV games, it will stream PS4 games, and with Gakkai's launch I assume (since Vita will be among supported devices) it will stream PS3 games.

On top of everything it's cheap, small, silent, cold and well designed. 

And since when the price of a product dictates it's market? 

Around the Network

I think resolution has been confirmed for 720p, which is not a problem.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

It's fucking awesome
$99 price tag is amazing, and u get 1 gig memory to store saves.
So just buy the games...

yeah baby!

It's just that simple.

Day 1 buyer! *-*

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PS Vita TV any version sold out in a day at amazon.jp!
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/10/playstation-vita-tv-already-sold-out-on-amazon-japan/

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Around the Network

now:

- PS1
- PSP
- PSV
- PS4 remotely

future:
- PS2 (sony simply has to enable PS2 games on the vita)
- PS3 gaikai

so... who doesn't see the potential in this device? as of now it is very cool for people who want to play the indies from the vita and older stuff. it is perfect for people with a ps4 and multiple TVs. it is perfect for people with a ps4 who travel a lot.

no idea how some people try to deny that it really is a smart move.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

It's a Vita that can't play the best Vita games and is only $50 cheaper then a PS3 or Vita for the entry level consumer. What IS the potential exactly?

And have you ever actually used a cloud service before?

I am getting this mostly because it's pretty much a cheap media box that will be able to stream PS4 game play at some point in the future. But the problem is this thing isn't being marketed as a PS4 peripheral/playstation media center. It's being marketed as a Vita, which is a massive mistake.

Sony needs to bring all them apps like hulu, last.fm etc to the Vita TV, it will be a great streaming box with the best gaming library.

BasilZero said:
Mnementh said:
BasilZero said:
I'll be getting this when it comes out in the US!

Being able to play my portable games on the big screen is what I always wanted!

Being able to play portable versions of my big screen games on the big screen is what I always wanted!

Not even joking, I was waiting for SE to release FFDissidia HD collection on PS3 (it wont happen) - now there's a chance of it happening (if they ever release it on PSN)!!!!

But the $100 price tag is just sexy. Only game I cant play from the list that I checked is Disgaea 3 which is OK I guess. But P4G WOO! I hope this comes out in the US this holiday cause I know what I'll buy alongside my 3DS XL ;)

LOL, I just couldn't resist. Anyways, this device will be good for playing the back-catalog: PSP, PS1 (and in the future maybe PS2) and streaming PS3 (and PS4 in future). For PS Vita games it will have the effect, that the existing games patch the features for using touchscreen and camera to at least optional and future games will not have it or have it optional from the beginning. All to increase the available userbase including this PS Vita TV. So new game-concepts based on the new inputs will not happen or only few. That's somewhat sad.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked. I looked through most of the posts and didn't see it. Does the Vita TV and the PS4 have to be connected to the same IP address? Could I feasibly take Vita TV to my friends house, connect to his high speed internet connection, and stream games from my PS4 at home?

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.