By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita TV is just excellent

720p/1080i ewwww

It doesn't look like DJMax Technika would be playable anyway. :(

Around the Network

I feel like this is a missed opportunity by Sony.

So much potential in the idea though!

Sony should make a device that play both android and PS games. It should be possible with some nifty software!

I also wouldn't market this exclusively to gamers. I would make it more like a apple tv contender. Keep the price low though and it should be a success.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Really excited about this, cant wait till this releases in NA. As long as it remains around $100 which is an insanely cheap price, I will be buying this day one. If Sony markets this well and really shows the public what this can do I can see it really taking off worldwide.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

While I don't think it's a bad idea, I don't see why people think this will be the savior for everything PS Vita.
It loses quite a bit in the process, which is probably why they can sell it for so cheap.

Question, from a gaming perspective, why is the Vita.TV a good idea when you apparently can't play half of the games available for the system? 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

So if I buy a Vita TV do I even need a Vita to play Vita games?

This is great for me as I needed to buy a Roku box for my bedroom anyway so I can just get this. Plus I can play some of my vita games as well and have PS1 and PSP games upstairs where I can leave my PS3 and future PS4 downstairs.

Does anyone know if splitscreen will be possible with this? With the PS4 and PS1 games? I assume it's not at all possible with the portable games.

osed125 said:

Question, from a gaming perspective, why is the Vita.TV a good idea when you apparently can't play half of the games available for the system? 

Answer: Because you are not thinking outside the box.  I find it PRETTY amazing that Sony could create a Vita drive for the Vita TV that reads vita games but has the uncanny ability to block certain games (even though the size and configuration has not changed) they must truly be magicians. 

I Guess we will find out more on November 10th and november 15th with this and the PS4 releases in the west.  Since no one has a hands on with it yet, and Sony obviously not spilling everything, im sure more will be updated like:

If i put an uncharted game in and turn it on, will it come on

If i pair a european/US DS4 with the console, will it read, etc etc

PS1 multiplayer games supported with two controllers!

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Soriku said:
osed125 said:

Well, one that's not true. Two, on a DS3 you can click the L3/R3 buttons to enable touch conrols and use the sticks to move around. And with a DS4 that has a touchscreen things will be easier. Some games will likely be patched as well I'm guessing.

Sony gave a list of games, a lot of very important tittles aren't in there. I guess we just have to wait and see.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-sony-announces-playstation-vita-tv-device

UPDATE: Sony has now detailed the list of PlayStation Vita titles compatible with PS Vita TV. The line-up is extensive but not exhaustive, and some key titles are missing.

We couldn't spot a number of high-profile exclusives such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush or WipEout. Third-party games not mentioned include Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Need for Speed and Rayman Legends.

The possibility remains that Sony will patch-in support for more titles at a later date. And, of course, this list may differ should the device release elsewhere.

Nintendo and PC gamer