By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

I doubt that it's going to be even close to be as good as Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind or Fallout 3

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:
Ps owners should thank MS or online gaming in consoles i guess.

What? PS2 (Socom FTW) and dreamcast had online gaming.............. That was going to happen with or without MS. Achievements I would agree, but online gaming was on PC for years and on other consoles, MS had zero to do with that.

Sorry but it was MS who pushed online gaming into consoles. The dreamcast ans ps2 were horrible online. I think Sony has done great things for gaming but saying that xbox fans should thank sony for the elder s online is an exaggeration in my opinion.

Online was coming to console regardless of MS or not...Yes they did a good job with it, but Sony would have had online gaming with ps3 with or without MS, it was the natural revolution of the industry, passed on from PC, not xbox.

So by your logic, MS should thank Sony they have a console?

It was kind of a ridiculous comment to make my point. I'm sure sony had something to do with elders online being on consoles. I just don't agree in thanking  Sony for it.

iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:

Xbox owners should be thanking Sony they even have a console then? See how idiotic this is getting?

That doesn't even make sense though. Sony wasn't the first console maker. 

kowenicki said:
That sig.... Lol. Dear oh dear.

What was it? I have sigs turned off.

Barozi said:
I doubt that it's going to be even close to be as good as Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind or Fallout 3

Everything I read is it is just like Elder scrolls in a massive world, and other people, BUT the 15 dollar sub is just bad. Anyway personally, thought elder scrolls is one of the most overrated series in gaming. Sure the big open world is alluring but everything else about the games, combat, loot, levelling systems, animations,  dungeon crawling, are sub par IMO.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:

What? PS2 (Socom FTW) and dreamcast had online gaming.............. That was going to happen with or without MS. Achievements I would agree, but online gaming was on PC for years and on other consoles, MS had zero to do with that.

Sorry but it was MS who pushed online gaming into consoles. The dreamcast ans ps2 were horrible online. I think Sony has done great things for gaming but saying that xbox fans should thank sony for the elder s online is an exaggeration in my opinion.

Online was coming to console regardless of MS or not...Yes they did a good job with it, but Sony would have had online gaming with ps3 with or without MS, it was the natural revolution of the industry, passed on from PC, not xbox.

So by your logic, MS should thank Sony they have a console?

No Sega, for having a console.

Console online gaming was not the natural Evolution of the industry. Look at Nintendo. Still no solid online infrastructures.

If it wasn't for MS Sony would still be competing with Nintendo on who's gonna pump out more Platformers and JRPGs that naturally aren't good platforms for online gaming.

NobleTeam360 said:
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:

Xbox owners should be thanking Sony they even have a console then? See how idiotic this is getting?

It's was not supposed to make sense, i was making a point  lol. But Sony was the reason MS got into consoles, they even said, just google it.

Yeah this would have happened anyway. It's more money for them so why not. Not like PC was gonna moneyhat them.

iamdeath said:
NobleTeam360 said:
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:

It's was not supposed to make sense, i was making a point  lol. But Sony was the reason MS got into consoles, they even said, just google it.

I don't want to google it I'm to lazy........ can you link it for me . Joking by the way.  

Posting Etiquette on VGChartz