By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

Euphoria14 said:
J_Allard said:
You have to subscribe to Gold or PS+ to play a subscription game? This wasn't the case on 360.

Only on XBL Gold. PS4 has no pay wall for F2P or subscription based MMOs.

im assuming yes for gold because I think Bethesda are in talks with Microsoft for them to drop the Gold requirement.

Article says otherwise.

And XBL doesn't have a paywall for the MMO's either. So idk what is going on with this game.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Euphoria14 said:
J_Allard said:
You have to subscribe to Gold or PS+ to play a subscription game? This wasn't the case on 360.

im assuming yes for gold because I think Bethesda are in talks with Microsoft for them to drop the Gold requirement.

Article says otherwise.

And XBL doesn't have a paywall for the MMO's either. So idk what is going on with this game.

Wasn't there a thread where Bethesda was pushing MS to not force Xbox Gold membership to play the game? Why wouldn't they do the same with Sony?

J_Allard said:
Euphoria14 said:
J_Allard said:

Article says otherwise.

Seems you're right, although it only seems to be with this game. I'm guessing since MS/Sony know people will likely buy it they want to make max profit on it.

i don't care either way since I refuse to pay subs to play games. More so for games that require you to pay $60 to begin with.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I think I'll actually thank the devs...

If you believe they released this on consoles because one company asked them to? Obviously, it took multiple companies to convince them. The article doesn't state Sony or M$ started or asked first. All it says is that they know that Sony asked.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

Wasn't there a thread where Bethesda was pushing MS to not force Xbox Gold membership to play the game? Why wouldn't they do the same with Sony?

Idk ask Gamespot

Wright said:

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

PSN+ has nothing to do with Xbox Live. Xbox gamers can thank Sony for inspiring Microsoft to give back with Games with Gold.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

PSN+ has nothing to do with Xbox Live. Xbox gamers can thank Sony for inspiring Microsoft to give back with Games with Gold.

Sure

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Not sure if serious.

Lulz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Not sure if serious.

PSN has everything to do with Xbox Live, its just free (still is for the most part). PSN+ was not comparable in any way until Games for Gold. The founding structure was payment for a steady stream of games on a weekly to monthly basis.