By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

"That game was never planned to come to consoles," Boyes said. "And we just kind of kept sitting with [Bethesda] and being like, 'Why not?'"

"They're like, 'We're not planning it,'" he added. "And I'm like, 'Well, what if we built a plan that we could do that?'"

If it was Sony that originally sparked Bethesda's interest in bringing The Elder Scrolls Online to consoles, that enthusiasm also spread to Microsoft, as the game will be released the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.

However the console version came to be, Boyes said it is exciting all the same to see Bethesda adjust its mindset regarding release plans for the game.

Full article here: http://www.gamespot.com//news/sony-elder-scrolls-online-not-originally-planned-for-consoles-6414148?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Not really. I'll thank Bethesda.

That sig.... Lol. Dear oh dear.

We'll he clearly states it was SONY that jump started the  game going to consoles.

kowenicki said:

Lol you'll thank Bethesda for what?  Not wanting/planning to put the game on consoles until Sony convinced them too?

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

LivingMetal said:

"That game was never planned to come to consoles," Boyes said. "And we just kind of kept sitting with [Bethesda] and being like, 'Why not?'"

"They're like, 'We're not planning it,'" he added. "And I'm like, 'Well, what if we built a plan that we could do that?'"

If it was Sony that originally sparked Bethesda's interest in bringing The Elder Scrolls Online to consoles, that enthusiasm also spread to Microsoft, as the game will be released the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.

However the console version came to be, Boyes said it is exciting all the same to see Bethesda adjust its mindset regarding release plans for the game.

Full article here: http://www.gamespot.com//news/sony-elder-scrolls-online-not-originally-planned-for-consoles-6414148?

I bet Sony told Bethesda that they explicitly want the game on Xbox. Thank you Sony.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:

We'll he clearly states it was SONY that jump started the  game going to consoles.

So?

This has never happened before?  I'm sure it's happened loads of times.

I'm not going to thank anyone other than the guys that spent time and money actually doing it.

What does it never happeneing before have to do with anything?

Oh right, it's sony so it has to be put down, if this were MS you would be praising MS for their great work with developers and getting games on their platform.

kowenicki said:

Good catch. Reported. (The sig)

OP: I can't believe people jump to conclusions from something so vague.

kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:

So?

This has never happened before?  I'm sure it's happened loads of times.

I'm not going to thank anyone other than the guys that spent time and money actually doing it.

What does it never happeneing before have to do with anything?

Oh right, it's sony so it has to be put down, if this were MS you would be praising MS for their great work with developers and getting games on their platform.

Self awareness?

Whose putting it down? calm yourself down fella. I merely said I'd thank Bethesda..... Rightly. 

Without sony approaching them a console version doesn't exists either. it's not a big deal either way, but without Sony, they never think of a console version.

Wright said:

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

why is that?

xbox owners should thank PS+ that they get free games (even though their old and can get them for less than a fiver)

you think microsoft would be giving free games if it wasnt for PS+?

fps_d0minat0r said:
Wright said:

why is that?

xbox owners should thank PS+ that they get free games (even though their old and can get them for less than a fiver)

you think microsoft would be giving free games if it wasnt for PS+?

Do you think Sony would have created PSN+ if it wasn't for Xbox Live?