By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future Xbox One buyers might owe a thanks to Sony for Elder Scrolls Online

FiliusDei said:
Ps owners should thank MS or online gaming in consoles i guess.

I'll thank Sega.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

thank you for taking even more of my friends to play a game i won't play so that they have less time to play co-op games like destiny with me...

PS4?

If so, i'll play Destiny with you.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Yes yes, right now I thank you. Please ridiculous

Euphoria14 said:
crissindahouse said:

thank you for taking even more of my friends to play a game i won't play so that they have less time to play co-op games like destiny with me...

PS4?

If so, i'll play Destiny with you.

don't know yet. i will buy both consoles anytime so it could be ps4 or xb1 for this game. i also don't know which console i will buy first... 

TruckOSaurus said:
Blood_Tears said:
Future Xbone owners shouldn't thank Sony, rather you should envy them and future PS4 owners. There the ones who get to play this game without being placed behind a paywall. Have fun paying for XB Live as well as the game's monthly supscription fee! :)

You'll need to subscribe to PSN+ to play online on PS4 so unless they put it on Wii U, it's paywalls for everyone!

Sony already stated that some games such as ftp and mmo's are up to the publisher. Also with Bethesda pushing for Microsoft to drop the gold status in order to play, it's pretty obvious that PS Plus will not be required for this game.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Wright said:

Future PS4 owners owe a thanks to Microsoft for PSN+, and I don't see them doing it!

Thats not so clear cut though? PSN was an attempt to aquire revenue which they desperately needed. The only it can be seen as a result of microsoft is if you believe sony only made PSN free initially as a marketing ploy to trump the 360 back in 2006. 

You are looking it at the wrong angle

I made a thread with this article and it got like 2 replies...Y U DO DIS?

You have to subscribe to Gold or PS+ to play a subscription game? This wasn't the case on 360.

iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
kowenicki said:
Not really. I'll thank Bethesda.

That sig.... Lol. Dear oh dear.

We'll he clearly states it was SONY that jump started the  game going to consoles.

So?

This has never happened before?  I'm sure it's happened loads of times.

I'm not going to thank anyone other than the guys that spent time and money actually doing it.

What does it never happeneing before have to do with anything?

Oh right, it's sony so it has to be put down, if this were MS you would be praising MS for their great work with developers and getting games on their platform.

Odd coming from you considering your hate for anything Nintendo.

My guess is it will bomb on consoles. Not a lot of succesful MMos on consoles so there is no market for it. I mean EQOA was on PS2 and it had at most 150k users.

J_Allard said:
You have to subscribe to Gold or PS+ to play a subscription game? This wasn't the case on 360.

Only on XBL Gold. PS4 has no pay wall for F2P or subscription based MMOs.

im assuming yes for gold because I think Bethesda are in talks with Microsoft for them to drop the Gold requirement.

Currently playing: