By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - July (Better Late Than Never Edition)

think-man said:
kowenicki said:
justinian said:
How can they tell if you have an alternative account? IP Address? Surely that's flawed.

it is.

on a number of levels.

How so?

You mean if say your brother was also a vgchartz member and accesses the site from the same IP address he would get banned for alts?

That may be possible. Though I hope the mods not only look for the IP, but also for writing style etc.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
pezus said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Can we make repeat offenses of bragging about ban-free months a bannable offense?

Pure spamming, I say

Is this intentionally hilarious?

Edit - Id also like to ask a mod to permaban everyone asking for me to be moderated, because theyre attacking me and I feel threatened and theyre breaking the 2 rules set by Barozi in the OP (and 25 Months!).

Based on this criteria you should also be banned...

MODS! I'll gladly lay down my life to free us of this^ evil.  

Carl2291 said:
25 Months ban free.

I am a role model to the masses. You should all be more like me.

Youre welcome.

Pff, I am better than you in any imaginable way.

http://thatsthejoke.net/

@walsufnir, ah... Have you been 25(!) Months ban free?!

TrevDaRev said:
How many bans before you get perma-banned?

Around the Network

I wasn't banned for ten days. Read the notes. =P

i get excited for seeing my name on a ban list XD

Hynad said:

Indeed.

Actually I'm too lazy to remove you from the list since I'm doing the next one soon enough (it's not really *fun* to make them tbh), so I'm going to add a line about your case in the OP.

But I must say, what the hell is axumblade doing with your mod history ? Remind me to not add you to the August list

TrevDaRev said:
How many bans before you get perma-banned?

I don't know how many but apparently my next ban could possibly be a perma! 

I'm pretty sure I have 20+ banns tho...

Barozi said:
Hynad said:

Indeed.

Actually I'm too lazy to remove you from the list since I'm doing the next one soon enough (it's not really *fun* to make them tbh), so I'm going to add a line about your case in the OP.

But I must say, what the hell is axumblade doing with your mod history ? Remind me to not add you to the August list

No, I was banned in July. But the ban was corrected to 3 days. So I wasn't banned for 10 days.

In august, I was banned my mistake. A user reported an old comment I made, and axumblade didn't look at the date before banning me. He excused himself not long after that (maybe an hour or so later) saying he felt bad. Ha ha. Not a big deal.

In a nutshell, the July ban counts but was shortened to 3 days, while the august ban doesn't count at all. ^_-