By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XboxOne Total Budget Estimated!!!

I'm reserving this post spot. I will go totally facious. I will try to make the bundles were the package is a simular as possible. Which means adding one game to the Xbox One/PS4, The camera to the PS4, the head set to the WiiU and PS4, a 2TB HD to the WiiU. Enabling multiplayer for both PS4/Xbox One, Adding a smart device to the Xbox One, the Vita to the PS4 (i'm not going for the possibility of a combo pack since one isn't announced as of yet.) And the 2DS for the WiiU to cover the Cross Play/2nd screen. I will try to be as cheap as possible. This way you can get the "same" potential experience from all three.

Around the Network

So expensive.. No wonder why kids are getting a new iPad instead...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

spemanig said:

Ah. Okay, I see. :) Still though, why would someone purchase 3TB hard drive when they can only use 2TB on their Wii U? They can't even use the extra on their PC after it's formated to the Wii U.

Because most 2.0 UBS 2TB hard drive don't usually come with a AC adapter which whould require you to use a cross cable to get it to work on the WiiU for power.

Red_Hawk-47 said:
not sure how many of us can actually afford the xbox one.

to be honest, if i have 670 i have also 20% more and can pay 800 lol.

not to forget that the whole gen will cost me thousands even with only one console (but i will buy minimum 2)

Ok here I go. I used prices are from newegg, gamestop and walmart to come up with the follow list to make all three the "same", just because I feel a little facious. Remember this is to make sure that ever feature of another console is covered, if the console offers something like it. "Cross Play" isn't really offered on the Xbox One or a more expansive tablet might have been required. So this is if you had to have the same experience which would be more expensive. I will list from the most expensive to the least. I checked out the PS4 wiki on IGN and there is a headset in box. Also to note I stayed away from anything on a temporary discount.

PS4 - (The Vita to Smart Device difference did it in) - $770

PS4 - $400
PS+ - $50
Camera - $60
Vita - $200 (The streaming aspects doesn't require any memory card to my knowledge)
Game - $60

Xbox 1 - $749 : You can add one $20 "indie" game to be at the same price as the PS4

Xbox 1 - $500
Live - $60
Game - $60
Wintec 16GB Andriod 4.0 smart device - $129

Wii U - $540 : You can add three full priced retail game and a $20 "indie" game to be the same price as the Xbox One: Or take off the indie game and get a $40 3DS game for the same price as the PS4

Wii U Zelda Bundle - $300
Seagate 2GB HD with AC - $100
2DS - $130
Headset - $10
Since this is a set up where only the in box controller is used there is a mic on GamePad, to enable it in Multi-player game you just need headphones.

And remember this is just to show how facious this really is and is suppose to be what if you didn't have any of this and want the "same" type of opition for all consoles. because you can very much make any console more expensive then another one depending on what you add don't add to each package.

Around the Network

This thread is like reading the script to a really bad movie:

The OP does a poor job of hiding their bias towards Sony. = How about just stating the facts instead of stating your neutrality at the bottom of your post.

A number of people want to try to figure out the cost of the electricity between the systems? = Just stop now.

There is a debate whether or not one persons experience with a controller has any statistical value? = I doubt that there has been a true study done on this topic for everyone to reference, so personal experience is all we have to go by.

As to actually comparing the 2 systems cost? Can't really be done. One system is a games only machine that has some capabilities to do some multimedia stuff. The other system is a games system that comes with full integration of its multimedia capabilities. It's like comparing a Honda to Hyundai. Sure they are both cars, but they are way to different to really compare.

landguy1 said:
This thread is like reading the script to a really bad movie:

The OP does a poor job of hiding their bias towards Sony. = How about just stating the facts instead of stating your neutrality at the bottom of your post.

A number of people want to try to figure out the cost of the electricity between the systems? = Just stop now.

There is a debate whether or not one persons experience with a controller has any statistical value? = I doubt that there has been a true study done on this topic for everyone to reference, so personal experience is all we have to go by.

As to actually comparing the 2 systems cost? Can't really be done. One system is a games only machine that has some capabilities to do some multimedia stuff. The other system is a games system that comes with full integration of its multimedia capabilities. It's like comparing a Honda to Hyundai. Sure they are both cars, but they are way to different to really compare.

Yep as mentioned in my last post. There are many ways to make any of the consoles more expensive then the other. It just a bunch of fanboism this console is more expansive than this console when and then you leave out the same feature out of your box of choice. In the end you will buy the console(s) of your choice and the price has little to do with your purchase in the end for the "hardcore" fans.

Gamecube said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:
Facts are for loosers, I would rather take an opinion that the Xbone is better.

But seriously, what's the deal with the charger kit? You can't charge the xbone controler without it?

you could use bit of common sense in here my friend....charger kit is called the charger kit..so it's meant to charge your controller..which microsoft charge you $24.99..sony charges you nothing...unless you don't mind paying for batteries all the time.

plus this isn't about which is better...it's just about howmuch it's gonna cost you in total...which ever console your going to get.so you my friend kinda missed the point in there.

xbox: 59.99 controller + 24.99 charge n play =84.98

ps: 59.99 controller + 59.99 controller (when the first controller's internal battery dies) =119.98

Xb1 ftw

Why would you need to buy a new controller? Just take off the screws on the back of the controller to open it up and replace it with another lithium ion battery. It's a cheap fix that takes under a minute to do.

KylieDog said:
attaboy said:
Here we go. It's "Xbox 360 costs more than PS3" all over again. Thanks to the guy that did the math for his good intentions but adding optional things that many of us won't ever buy to pad out the argument just screams bias. I

What optional things that many will never buy?  XBL Gold, PS+, charger kits, extra controllers?

All very popular items.

Popular doesn't mean mandatory.  Extra Wii Remotes for the Wii U when many people already have Wii Remotes.  Charging kit for Xbox One when many of us already have rechargeable batteries.  Extra controllers when, personally, I went with just one controller for PS3 for about three years.  Charging cables for the Wii U controller when it comes with an AC adapter.  Adding the cost of an indie game because we all need that one indie game, right? 

If/when I buy a console, all I'll need to know is how much the console is and how much the first game I plan to buy for it costs.  That's it.  That's the entry fee.  How much will it cost for me to have the console in my home and play Pikmin 3 or Dead Rising 3 or inFamous 3 or whatever.  Anything else is optional.

the-pi-guy said:

What would that change?

Nothing.  The PS4 would still be $400 plus a game.  The Xbox One would still be $500 plus a game.  It just reminds me of back in the day when they'd make these lists of the actual cost of the Xbox 360 and then add in the cost of every single peripheral available (HD DVD Players and Wi Fi adapters and etc).  It painted an unrealistic picture.  At the time, I guess they were trying to show what you had to have to have the exact same features as the PS3 but a lot of PS3 features of the day were features that I, personally, didn't need.  Now, with both companies charging for online and both launching with wi-fi, there isn't really a need for the comparison.  The only comparison we need is the price tag on the consoles.