By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XboxOne Total Budget Estimated!!!

JerCotter7 said:
Aww I was hoping for good estimates in how much it cost to design these consoles. Instead I got this. I plan to get a PS4 and one game. So I know how much it costs. No need for this thread to tell me it costs a lot more.

I wanna know R&D costs more.

Pretty much, this.

I remember when I got an Xbox 360 and people were saying "Well, you're gonna have to buy a WiFi adapter but with the PS3 you get it for free.  That's another $100 right there...."  Why in the fuck do you just assume I had to buy a Wi Fi adapter?!?  My consoles all sit three feet from my router!  All of these hypothetical "You're gonna have to buy" assumptions tend to serve a specific purpose.  Buy what you want because each case in optional.

Already have Wii Remotes?  Great.  Don't want an extra controller?  Fine.  Not a fan of indie games?  Swell.  Don't tell me what I'll have to buy.  The entry cost of the hardware is all that matters.  For all anyone knows, I rent my games from Gamefly.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Seece said:
My thoughts? you don't need to buy a charger, you can use batteries, rechargeable or not.

You'd still need to buy batteries, maybe have a total budget assuming batteries, using the average amount of playtime per day and the length of time that the controller can hold a charge.  Then we'd be able to see how expensive batteries would be.  Probably more than a charger.  

Eneloops have been said to last years and years, are you going to say they should be included because of the electricity they take to charge now?

I'll be buying a plug and charge kit myself, but I know plenty that will be using rechargeable batteries.

Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:
Facts are for loosers, I would rather take an opinion that the Xbone is better.

But seriously, what's the deal with the charger kit? You can't charge the xbone controler without it?

you could use bit of common sense in here my friend....charger kit is called the charger kit..so it's meant to charge your controller..which microsoft charge you $24.99..sony charges you nothing...unless you don't mind paying for batteries all the time.

plus this isn't about which is better...it's just about howmuch it's gonna cost you in total...which ever console your going to get.so you my friend kinda missed the point in there.

xbox: 59.99 controller + 24.99 charge n play =84.98

ps: 59.99 controller + 59.99 controller (when the first controller's internal battery dies) =119.98

Xb1 ftw

Gamecube said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:

But seriously, what's the deal with the charger kit? You can't charge the xbone controler without it?

you could use bit of common sense in here my friend....charger kit is called the charger kit..so it's meant to charge your controller..which microsoft charge you $24.99..sony charges you nothing...unless you don't mind paying for batteries all the time.

plus this isn't about which is better...it's just about howmuch it's gonna cost you in total...which ever console your going to get.so you my friend kinda missed the point in there.

ps: 59.99 controller + 59.99 controller (when the first controller's internal battery dies) =119.98

Xb1 ftw

Not that I agree with your sentiment but you can get an extra controller + charge kit combo for $10 discount ;)

Gamecube said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:

Xb1 ftw

Spreading more anti Sony FUD, I see. When was the last time you had a lithium battery go and fail on you?

The DS3 controller I'm using now is 5 years old and still holds its charge.. which is more than can be said about my two (official) dead battery packs for my 360.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Gamecube said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:

Xb1 ftw

Not that I agree with your sentiment but you can get an extra controller + charge kit combo for $10 discount ;)

really? Where?

hinch said:
Gamecube said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
eFKac said:

Xb1 ftw

Spreading more anti Sony FUD, I see. When was the last time a lithium battery time failed on you?

The DS3 controller I'm using now is 5 years old and still holds its charge.. which is more than can be said about my two (official) dead battery packs for my 360.

About 2 years my buddy had to replace his 4 year old ps3 controller. A few month after that he had to replace his other old controller. I'm still using my launch xb360 controller:).

^ Oh your buddy eh?

ghettoglamour said:

The WiiU has the advantage that it haz no gaemz, so you can save $140 right from the start.

an advantage you can't take being that you can't afford one livining in the ghetto

attaboy said:
BlkPaladin said:

One for the WiiU:

WiiU - 299.99 (The Zelda Bundle)

USB HD 3TB (Seagate, its USB 3.0 but its 2.0bc with an ac adapter) - $140 (newegg)

Two games - $120 (At the maximum price because they vary, and Ubisoft loves digital sales.)

Pro Controler - $50.00(Gamestop)

Wiimote and numchuck - $55.00(gamestop)

Wii U USB Charge Cable - $10.00 (gamestop)

Sub Total - $675 (The totals are round up)

Sales Tax (6%) - $41

Grand Total - $716

The Hard Drive, charge cable and one of the two controller options are optional so here it is without the opitional items. (I removed the pro controller)

Sub Total - $475.00

Sales Tax (6%) - $29.00

Grand Total - $504.00

So this set up ends with Three retail games.

I got a Wii U USB charge cable but I don't know if it came with the Pro Controller or the console.  I can't remember.  Either way, it wasn't a seperate $10.

Its to charge the gamepad which doesn't come with a USB cable but an AC cable, its more of a convience thing.