By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XboxOne Total Budget Estimated!!!

killerzX said:

this is stupid. it says required cost then it includes things that arent required. like mulitple games and controllers.

and then it tries to factor in tax, but somehow it concludes tax will be the same, even though xbox cost more than playstation. tax deals in %. by the fact of xbox costing more, means it will have more tax.

dumb article.

my apologies dear friend..that is something i thought of.that is why i made it clear you could add certain things to your total,that you know best.xbox one's tax won't be as high.slighty more then ps4.

Around the Network
Red_Hawk-47 said:
killerzX said:

this is stupid. it says required cost then it includes things that arent required. like mulitple games and controllers.

and then it tries to factor in tax, but somehow it concludes tax will be the same, even though xbox cost more than playstation. tax deals in %. by the fact of xbox costing more, means it will have more tax.

dumb article.

my apologies dear friend..that is something i thought of.that is why i made it clear you could add certain things to your total,that you know best.xbox one's tax won't be as high.slighty more then ps4.

no probs. perhaps i was a bit too harsh. sorry

killerzX said:
Red_Hawk-47 said:
killerzX said:

dumb article.

no probs. perhaps i was a bit too harsh. sorry

no worries it's ok (:

Waiting for AMD to be able to mass-produce the uncustomised versions of consoles' APUs to calculate the total budget of a APU-based gaming PC. This time PC could finally have the edge almost since the start for both price and power.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Waiting for AMD to be able to mass-produce the uncustomised versions of consoles' APUs to calculate the total budget of a APU-based gaming PC. This time PC could finally have the edge almost since the start for both price and power.

it is intereting to know..that for the xbox one's total budget you might actually get an good pc for that much.of curse it depends on if your an pc Gamer or not.

it's more of what you prefer,a console or a gaming pc.

Around the Network

These kinds of threads are a waste of time since you have to make so many assumptions.

The OP should worry less about other people's budgets (most of us have jobs and $100 is trivial when it's the difference between playing the games you want the way you want and getting a system where you play the waiting game or simply don't have access to the games you want).

As for saying "Well get a PC" there are console games that never come to PC so it's not interchangeable with an Xbox One. It doesn't matter for example how much you save on a PC since it won't be playing the latest Forza this Winter if you're a racing game enthusiast and that's the next gen game you're waiting for this year.

The Killzone bundle makes PS4 even cheaper.

PS4+killzone+2 controllers+PS eye = $499
PS Plus $50
Extra game $60
Indie game $20

Now $629. Might as well make it cheaper while you can, since they are both so expensive

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

To be honest it might not be a bad idea to replace your controller every few years anyway - ALL that sweat and gunk filling the cracks.

Opened one of mine up for cleaning and was....disgusted.

By the looks of it OP is trolling you guys.

fact is both machines will cost quite a bit more then their advertised cost if you want the full package, and probably won't differ that much in price when its all said and done.
EDIT a good pc will be cheaper no matter if you can or can't play console exclusives on it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Not sure what is the point of listing all of this (esp. with the bad formating) :)

You could just say:

Xbox One is 99$ and you'll need to pay an additionnal 20$ for the charger. So at the end you'll end up paying 110$ more for the Xbox One offering than the PS4.

(You can always get Xbox Live at 49$ with the many promotions, a lot of people even ends up not paying at all for it). And obviously it is up to each of us to decide if the offering is better or not :)