By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/XboxOne Total Budget Estimated!!!

Red_Hawk-47 said:

Dear fellow Gamers Greetings by the facty guy!

As we all are excited by the upcoming  PS4 AND XBOX ONE launch.it's time we talk about howmuch it's "really" going to cost us in total!

PS4 $399.99

PS PLUS $49.99(12 months)

Extra Controller for family&friends or backup $59.99

Minimum of 2 games $59.99 +59.99 and 1 indie game $20?.

HDMI cable and Controller charger included only with PS4.  

PS4 camera is optional for $59.99 (: (not forced upon us)(camera cost will not be added to the total price)

TEX depends on where you live, add the amount to your total! in my case it is about $20 dollar.(shipping cost is optional,depends on your location and availabilty..if your paying for shipping add that to your total too!(shipping cost will not be added in this case)

PS4 $399.99,

PS PLUS $49.99

Games $59.99+$59.99

plus 1 indie game $20,

Extra or backup controller $59.99(1 charger cable included within ps4)

Tax $20   = Total Budget Required is "Estimated" for ps4 at around $670($669.95)

NOW THE XBOX ONE 499.99(Kinect included)

Extra controller $59.99

Games $59.99+$59.99

1 indie game $20?

HDMI cable included but CHARGER KIT COSTS "$24.99" really microsoft?(reminder,ps4 comes with free charger)

TAX $20+ or add whatever your gonna end up paying!

Xbox live $59.99(reminder about $10 more then ps plus) = $800(804.94)(about $130 more then PS4 estimated budget)

PS4 TOTAL (extimated) BUDGET $670

XBOX ONE (extimated)TOTAL BUDGET $800

(unnecessary cost includes charget kit for S24.99 and about $10 more for xbox live.and of curse the fact kinect isn't optional estimated around $100 for kinect)

Important note To all Dear fellow Gamers my propose is to bring you the facts hopefully(i'm not against any particular console) i'm simply a Gamer whom wants to play games on all the console even pc. now there might be certian technical error please kindly excuse me. please share your thoughts.Thanks you very much for reading! by the FACTY guy!

TO MAKE IT EQUAL YOU HAVE TO ADD MOVE AND THE EYE AND 4 CONTROLLERS. SO ESSENTIALLY THE SAME COST.

16.99 x 4=  $67.96

$31.99 x 4=  $127.96

$13.99

can't even find the playstation eye. You can't compare Xbox One because PS4 has no faith in their product and left it out motion controlls. In order to be equal you would have to put Sony's motion controls in. So this is very flawed.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
DJEVOLVE said:

TO MAKE IT EQUAL YOU HAVE TO ADD MOVE AND THE EYE AND 4 CONTROLLERS. SO ESSENTIALLY THE SAME COST.

Add an optional and mostly unwanted accessory that probably won't enhance the experience?  That's fair.  Po

point being to make it even you have to have the option, doesn't matter how shitty you think move is.

the-pi-guy said:
DJEVOLVE said:

point being to make it even you have to have the option, doesn't matter how shitty you think move is.

1.)Sony would be able to make move better than Kinect, but it's unlikely to happen.  

2.)The point isn't to make it even, it's a comparison of the cost involved for buy-in.  We don't need move, and I doubt it'll even be used very much.  Kinect is a pack in though.  It's not the same thing.  

Then your comparisons are unequal and thus it is being intellectually dishonest.   buy in is 400 and 500. you can't just add what you do and don't want. For the 500 you do get more regardless of the buy in.

Or the op comparisons are unequal.

DJEVOLVE said:
the-pi-guy said:
DJEVOLVE said:

1.)Sony would be able to make move better than Kinect, but it's unlikely to happen.  

2.)The point isn't to make it even, it's a comparison of the cost involved for buy-in.  We don't need move, and I doubt it'll even be used very much.  Kinect is a pack in though.  It's not the same thing.  

Then your comparisons are unequal and thus it is being intellectually dishonest.   buy in is 400 and 500. you can't just add what you do and don't want. For the 500 you do get more regardless of the buy in.

It's unequal no matter what.  Both consoles offer something unique to their platform that the other doesn't have.  It's not about more or less.  As a consumer, I care what the buy-in is for the system I want based on what games I want to play and how I want to use my console.  The math is going to be different for each individual.  An X1 owner may want to use it as an entertainment hub.  So he may get a cable subscription, a HULU+ subscription, etc.  A PS4 owner may be a huge motion gaming fan so he'll invest in the PS Eye and Move controllers.  Is that represensitive of the entire gaming community?  Of course not.  So these comparisons are completely pointless because you should only care how much YOU'RE going to spend on the console of your choice.

jacks81x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
the-pi-guy said:
DJEVOLVE said:

It's unequal no matter what.  Both consoles offer something unique to their platform that the other doesn't have.  It's not about more or less.  As a consumer, I care what the buy-in is for the system I want based on what games I want to play and how I want to use my console.  The math is going to be different for each individual.  An X1 owner may want to use it as an entertainment hub.  So he may get a cable subscription, a HULU+ subscription, etc.  A PS4 owner may be a huge motion gaming fan so he'll invest in the PS Eye and Move controllers.  Is that represensitive of the entire gaming community?  Of course not.  So these comparisons are completely pointless because you should only care how much YOU'RE going to spend on the console of your choice.

Yes that is my point.

Around the Network

Lol this kindly minded thread has unleash a console war. Don't feed the fanboys next time.

Nvm, feed them as much as you can, the arguing is pretty entertaining.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Sorry mods, I have been trying to clean up quote trees.

LiquorandGunFun said:

nice amount of free games on ps4, and i already have plus and bought another card on amazon for a year for $30 so the free games will continue. still saving much more, and not only that no kinect tax.

$399 - ps4

tax around $40-$50

game  - $65 (havent decided which yet.)

so roughly $515 total

you forgot to add the ps plus $49.99...and your gonna need an extra controller for friends or as a backup.

Dear Gamers....you missed my point in here...this is not about which console is better or more expensive..it's about whichever console your going to get..howmuch it's going to cost you around.thanks

ghettoglamour said:
Lol this kindly minded thread has unleash a console war. Don't feed the fanboys next time.

Nvm, feed them as much as you can, the arguing is pretty entertaining.

you see my friend...that wasn't my intention.this  is not about which is better or more expensive it's just about howmuch the console of your choice may cost you.