By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

Castle Vidcons has spoken.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
JoeTheBro said:
Can anyone explain why the 2DS still has a 3D camera? For a system made to cut corners and be cheap, why?

Because the cameras are 2d cameras and come a dime a dozen. Not like the 3D screen which is much more expensive.

And yet they cut a second speaker which would be even cheaper and greatly reduces the product quality?

bananaking21 said:
i hope this flops. i dont want to lose my bet

Which bet?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Smeags said:

Time for pics of random happy people playing video games!

Those kids were never seen again.

JoeTheBro said:

And yet they cut a second speaker which would be even cheaper and greatly reduces the product quality?

I can't answer that one. Size? No area to put them? Simplified design costs? Dunno I'm not a hardware expert ;P

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Well. I guess I deal with limited battery life. Though it kinda pisses me off we went from DS with like 20hrs or some shit to 3-5.

Its for my kids, so two of these in Oct (red and blue) for my boy's birthdays and hopefully a pink or other color one by xmas or next April for my daughter's bday.

*sigh* A 3DSXL with the battery life of my DSi would be a dream. I would buy a third 3DS for proper battery. Although I already have a workaround. I bought a mobile USB-battery-pack and a USB-to-3DS-cable. So I can charge the 3DS on the go. But the thing is bulky and means another thing to take with me. And worse: the cable, cables are not meant for mobility.

I wish your kids a lot of fun with the devices.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

RolStoppable said:

Poor queen. Her new control inputs sit the wrong way around.

:O

Nice catch Rol.

I knew this was all a dream...

I don't see why people are complaining about this when it's clearly aimed for younger audiences.

spurgeonryan said:
Don't worry bking. This will just confuse people. Ds, 3ds, 3dsxl, dsxl, 2ds... .... wii, wiiu..... what s the difference! Most consumers are just finally figuring out what a wii u is.

If the 9th Gen version of the DS is called the DS3, I will have a meltdown!

attaboy said:
Smeags said:

Time for pics of random happy people playing video games!

Those kids were never seen again.

no crap. What moron would leave their kids with a black man in their house?