By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

RolStoppable said:
acdcste said:
Strictly from a tracking point of view for this site will the 2ds be counted as stand alone or as part of the 3ds weekly sales?

As part of the 3DS sales.

And i thought the sales were going to be huge with pokemon that week anyway. They will be ridiculous with a new hardware revision that week as welll.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Everyone has their opinion and I respect it, but the butt ugly award goes to the PS4.

WOW another objective opinion from you. Maybe, just maybe if you weren't so ''fiercely'' loyal to Microsoft, you could see things more clearly.

On a more serious note though, this thing looks ugly indeed, but it's priced really well and it offers something new to those on the fence so why not. I say it's a good thing.

acdcste said:
RolStoppable said:
acdcste said:
Strictly from a tracking point of view for this site will the 2ds be counted as stand alone or as part of the 3ds weekly sales?

As part of the 3DS sales.

And i thought the sales were going to be huge with pokemon that week anyway. They will be ridiculous with a new hardware revision that week as welll.

It will be sick.

I only read the first few pages of comments here but the general consensus seems to really be against it. However, I not only think it's a great idea but it actually looks pretty good as well.

First off, as the Kotaku hands-on stated, it seems like it would be infinitely more comfortable than a standard 3DS. I love the XL, but using the d-pad on the regular 3DS is painful in lengthy durations. This design provides enough plastic below the d-pad to get a comfortable grip and the buttons look great as well. I just wish it had a more ergonomic curvature to the shape in the back (more similar to the WiiU Gamepad).

Secondly, think about how well this will go over with kids. It's durable; there's no fragile hinges, there's no 3D eye-strain for youngsters and the price is perfection.

For me personally? I think I'm going to get one eventually. I'm still looking forward to getting a 3DSXL first but unlike many people here I don't think this is ugly at all. In fact, I actually like it. I just wish it had the XL-sized screens, but with its "slice of bread" shape, that would make it a bit too large, I suppose.

the2real4mafol said:

I though the 3D feature was what made the battery life so poor. i guess not. Also, if 3DS is weaker than Vita, why are their battery lifes so similar? 

More power efficient component and Sony putting in a higher capacity battery.

3DS's screens should consume a lot more power than a normal LCD and the Vita's screen a lot less than a normal LCD screen too.

Around the Network

It's ugly as hell, but I'm glad they're removing a feature that doesn't matter to lower costs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Now that a few hours has gone, I have been thinking of how good of a Japan import system this will be. I can imagine myself buying this for that reason. We just have to wait for NCL announcing this for them.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

What? ....why is this even a thing?!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

the2real4mafol said:
BasilZero said:
the2real4mafol said:

I though the 3D feature was what made the battery life so poor. i guess not. Also, if 3DS is weaker than Vita, why are their battery lifes so similar? 

Affected battery life - not limit it.

Must be a design issue for them to have similar battery life overall.

Probably i mean there actually was a battery life test between them when the Vita first came out and Vita actually beat the 3DS (original model) by over an hour somehow!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456194

Not much to brag about but seriously, battery technology needs to improve quickly

Woah. That was interesting. Thanks for posting (if only for the great FF13 remix.)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't know if anyone has said this already, but wait for the 2DS XL. You know it's coming.

I also may be one of the only people who liked games that had good 3D on them for the 3DS.  After Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, I've played all my 3DS games in 3D just to test them out.  Most of the games suck in 3D, but if I find one that plays well in 3D like Lords of Shadow did, I'll use the feature.  By doing this they're basically telling developers to make a shitty 3D mode like what's already common in games released today.  EO4 for example.  The game in 3D mode is still 2D, it's just the entire picture sinks further back, so you're looking at a 3D image of 2D picture.