By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

teigaga said:
I predicted this but didn't think they would fuck up the design so much. Kinda makes it obsolete for anyone but Kids.

Anyway the original 3DS isn't expensive so, I see no reason why anyone but a tight parent would buy this atrocity.

As someone who has a young child this is a brilliant idea. I'm always afraid he's gonna break the iPad or the Galaxy SIII. This is PERFECT.

It is not meant for older children, teens or adults. It's a toy for kids. No clam, because then it won't break. It's like the original gameboy, indestructible :)

I think it's gonna sell buttloads. I think it's the best move Nintendo has done in a long time. WIsh they were as smart with Wii U.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Can anyone explain why the 2DS still has a 3D camera? For a system made to cut corners and be cheap, why?

AR Cards

I do not know why people complain about the size. I saw the machine and it seems to fit perfectly into small hands (like children). Then an adult does not have problems playing. The Vita is also pretty big and I never complain about the size and I can put in my pocket without major problems.

Michael-5 said:
Last_Dream said:
What....? The only good thing about that thing is price. I mean, at least with the "2D only" thing, they can improve battery life..... Sigh....

Budget console $$$$

Yeah, I guess so....

I know they want to maximize profit, but I still think giving bigger battery will not increase overall cost of this handheld too much.

JoeTheBro said:
Can anyone explain why the 2DS still has a 3D camera? For a system made to cut corners and be cheap, why?

A better question would be.. why does the shape of the 2DS resemble that of a piece of bread?

Ok.. I'll stop now.

Around the Network

They didnt even take the chance to add the second analog from the pad pro. Are they gonna make another addon for this aswell? I dont think Nintendo is thinking alright. This is no doubt a market test.

Last_Dream said:
Michael-5 said:
Last_Dream said:
What....? The only good thing about that thing is price. I mean, at least with the "2D only" thing, they can improve battery life..... Sigh....

Budget console $$$$

Yeah, I guess so....

I know they want to maximize profit, but I still think giving bigger battery will not increase overall cost of this handheld too much.

To sell the system for $129 is an amazing feat. You should realize that with inflation, the only Nintendo console to be this cheap was the GBA Micro ($99 in 2005 is about $120 now), and that was physically a much smaller system. Gameboy Colour in 1999 would have been $140 in todays price, and I think DS sells for $100 now, but that's an obsolete system.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

BasilZero said:
the2real4mafol said:

I though the 3D feature was what made the battery life so poor. i guess not. Also, if 3DS is weaker than Vita, why are their battery lifes so similar? 

Affected battery life - not limit it.

Must be a design issue for them to have similar battery life overall.

Probably i mean there actually was a battery life test between them when the Vita first came out and Vita actually beat the 3DS (original model) by over an hour somehow!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456194

Not much to brag about but seriously, battery technology needs to improve quickly

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

KylieDog said:

Yep, now they should ditch the WiiU tablet controler and drop the WiiU price in half.

The tablet controller is as much a part of the U as the 2nd screen is part of the 3DS. That's why it wasn't stripped in the 2DS, yeah?

I've been looking through this and I think a lot of people are either trolling or just don't understand what the 2ds is.

Nintendo flat out said this was aimed at the 4-6 age group.

1) The 3d effect is a big concern for parents, this is why they took it out. They didn't take it out because they realized the 3d was pointless, stop trying to think that's the case.
2) The lack of hinges means that you wont have your 4 year old folding the 2ds in the wrong direction and accidentally breaking it, this happens a lot more than you realize, and by not having a 2ds with hinges, this completely fixes that issue.
3) It's cheaper

All in all, this was a genius idea from Nintendo.

Something...Something...Games...Something