By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

JoeTheBro said:
Can anyone explain why the 2DS still has a 3D camera? For a system made to cut corners and be cheap, why?

I don't believe they are that expensive considering the cameras can only shoot up to .3 megapixels.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Good idea, but I don't see why they didn't make it foldable. It looks pretty bad that way. Like something you would get out of a cornflakes box.

I'm guessing the clamshell would probably up the price per unit by a notable margin, thus defeating the major point. That said, if it had been clamshell, it'd erase pretty much every reservation I have about this unit (pocket-ability and screen protection, although the latter is probably overblown).

haha wait.. This isn't a joke? REALLY?

It actually would be a pretty good idea if Nintendo would have just stuck with the 3DS design and made it foldable, but alas.. they are Nintendo after all...

What....? The only good thing about that thing is price. I mean, at least with the "2D only" thing, they can improve battery life..... Sigh....

orniletter said:
Michael-5 said:

My only complaint is battery life. Why didn't Nintendo take this as a chance to improve it?

The DS Lite had a 15-19 hour battery life.

My original fat DS had 6-10 hours (now it only hold 3-4). Imagine how weak a 3.5-6.5 (3DS XL - best 3DS battery) will hold in 5 years? You'll play 2-3 hours before it dies.

$

Yea maybe, this is the budget version.

I guess I was just hoping for a 3DS XL and regluar refresh with a bettery battery. Going to get a black 3DS XL before Pokemon.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Can anyone explain why the 2DS still has a 3D camera? For a system made to cut corners and be cheap, why?

Because the cameras are 2d cameras and come a dime a dozen. Not like the 3D screen which is much more expensive.

Last_Dream said:
What....? The only good thing about that thing is price. I mean, at least with the "2D only" thing, they can improve battery life..... Sigh....

Budget console $$$$

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I predicted this but didn't think they would fuck up the design so much. Kinda makes it obsolete for anyone but Kids.

Anyway the original 3DS isn't expensive so, I see no reason why anyone but a tight parent would buy this atrocity.

Mnementh said:
superchunk said:
Sold.

As long as it also gets >5hrs battery life, I'm buying at least two of these in October for my boy's birthday party.

The moment I realized this is not a joke I was going to the nintendo-website to look it up. They have a table to compare the three models (at least on the german site. About battery-life it says:

Nintendo 3DS-Spiele: 3,5 - 5,5 Stunden
Nintendo DS-Spiele: 5 - 9 Stunden
Standby-Modus: ca. 3 Tage

3.5-5.5 hours. 3DS has 3-5 hours, 3DS XL 3.5-6.5 hours. So this thing has a battery-life between the two models. I don't get Nintendo. The XL-redesign was good, the only thing that was left that sucked was battery-life. The 2DS was the chance to make this better.

Well. I guess I deal with limited battery life. Though it kinda pisses me off we went from DS with like 20hrs or some shit to 3-5.

Its for my kids, so two of these in Oct (red and blue) for my boy's birthdays and hopefully a pink or other color one by xmas or next April for my daughter's bday.

BasilZero said:
the2real4mafol said:
I don't care how cheap this is, what the hell is this shit?! I'm really hope this is a bad joke. And to make it worse the battery life is not better at all. Looks like i will stick to getting a 3DS XL

Surprisingly its the original 3DS in terms of size of screens without the folding ability and 3D yet it has the XL's battery life - that is pretty good.

But ya I'm still getting the XL just for the screen size *_*.

I though the 3D feature was what made the battery life so poor. i guess not. Also, if 3DS is weaker than Vita, why are their battery lifes so similar? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018