By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

Kresnik said:
Wow, this is actually real?

Might have to consider this. The 3D doesn't mean squat to me, so losing that to lop loads off the price sounds like a good call. It's got a sleep button too (I presume the similar to the Vita where you simply press it to suspend the console, then can resume from where you left off later on?)

Only things I don't like about it are that it doesn't fold & it hasn't got XL's screen size. But otherwise, for that price, I may well consider this come the holidays!

Eh, the regular 3DS goes for around £100 during sales. The XL was £120 with NSMB2 at Amazon, only two months (and a bit) ago. This is pretty poor value in comparison, with a craptastic design to boot.

Around the Network

I don't care how cheap this is, what the hell is this shit?! I'm really hope this is a bad joke. And to make it worse the battery life is not better at all. Looks like i will stick to getting a 3DS XL

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

it looks terrible but it should sell bonkers

brendude13 said:
Someone break the news to Kaizar.

It will be able to render Monster University in real time !

Just you wait and see IN 3D !!!

BasilZero said:
Michael-5 said:

Kids are just going to scratch that screen to peices.

However.....this could make sales explode. $129 + $40 for the New Pokemon? $129 for a video game system! wow.

NDS Lite all over again :D

Really exciting times!

I was slightly worried that the 3DS wouldn't grow YoY. I mean it was keeping up with 2012 until the XL released, and I always suspected that it would bounce back because of Pokemon, Zelda, and Monster Hunter in Japan.

This, this seals the deal though. 3DS will grow in 2013, maybe not to comparible DS levels, but still good.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Nintendo just invented the portable you only use at home

tell me how the Vita is more portable than a 2DS !

I can't wait to see the sells of this thing and compare it to the Vita's. lol

I think this is great. There is no problem in making gaming more accessible to people who cannot afford it.

The first thought that came to my mind was that it was a very late Aprill Fool.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

superchunk said:
Sold.

As long as it also gets >5hrs battery life, I'm buying at least two of these in October for my boy's birthday party.

The moment I realized this is not a joke I was going to the nintendo-website to look it up. They have a table to compare the three models (at least on the german site. About battery-life it says:

Nintendo 3DS-Spiele: 3,5 - 5,5 Stunden
Nintendo DS-Spiele: 5 - 9 Stunden
Standby-Modus: ca. 3 Tage

3.5-5.5 hours. 3DS has 3-5 hours, 3DS XL 3.5-6.5 hours. So this thing has a battery-life between the two models. I don't get Nintendo. The XL-redesign was good, the only thing that was left that sucked was battery-life. The 2DS was the chance to make this better.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]