By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

legend92(3) said:
omg what? The naming nintendo, what are you doing with the naming,

I think the fact that the 3DS was so named that is already causing confusion, as it seems to just be a 3D DS, so parents don't see the need to buy it for their kids.

Then to release a new designed 3DS and name it the 2DS just adds so much more unneeded confusion are games going to be packaged as 2DS/3DS games?

This. Seriously.

The name of this model challenges the platform brand overall. Now we have a DS, 2DS and 3DS, with the latter two being the same platform, despite not being clear from the start. This, and the fact of "downgrading" 3D from one of the unique features of the platform to one that not everyone will have available doesn't seem to be worth it for the few extra sales that could come from this... I could be wrong, but this is how I see it now.

Around the Network

Everyone has their opinion and I respect it, but the butt ugly award goes to the PS4.

PigPen said:
Everyone has their opinion and I respect it, but the butt ugly award goes to the PS4.

Well said.

Looks like a good system for parents to buy for their kids since they don't have to worry about kids using 3D effect and hinges breaking.

it looks kind of weird. I still think XL is the best choice

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
it looks kind of weird. I still think XL is the best choice

For you?  Yeah, probably.  For a 6 year old kid?  Maybe not.

Wow, this is actually real?

Might have to consider this. The 3D doesn't mean squat to me, so losing that to lop loads off the price sounds like a good call. It's got a sleep button too (I presume the similar to the Vita where you simply press it to suspend the console, then can resume from where you left off later on?)

Only things I don't like about it are that it doesn't fold & it hasn't got XL's screen size. But otherwise, for that price, I may well consider this come the holidays!

That is one of the ugliest consoles I've ever seen.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kresnik said:

Might have to consider this. The 3D doesn't mean squat to me, so losing that to lop loads off the price sounds like a good call. It's got a sleep button too (I presume the similar to the Vita where you simply press it to suspend the console, then can resume from where you left off later on?)

Only things I don't like about it are that it doesn't fold & it hasn't got XL's screen size. But otherwise, for that price, I may well consider this come the holidays!

Sleep button probably functions just like the 3DS when you close the system together with playing.  Since you can't close the system together now they had to add a button.

Kresnik said:

Looks that way:

See the "Sleep" slider at the bottom right corner? I'm guessing you just slide that to enter/exit sleep mode.