By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Reveals the Newest Addition to the 3DS Family: Nintendo 2DS

superchunk said:
attaboy said:
Smeags said:

Time for pics of random happy people playing video games!

Those kids were never seen again.

no crap. What moron would leave their kids with a black man in their house?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Almost ashamed to say but this is actually my favorite 3ds model lol. It kinda reminds me of those old school lcd handhelds, kids should def. love this.

RolStoppable said:
Nem said:
They didnt even take the chance to add the second analog from the pad pro. Are they gonna make another addon for this aswell? I dont think Nintendo is thinking alright. This is no doubt a market test.

Nobody gives a damn about the second Circle Pad, that's why it hasn't been added. How many games have supported the Circle Pad Pro after the initial wave? One, maybe two?

They didn't add more shoulder buttons either.

I'm amazed to see this kind of rationale from you. 3D... what do you need to be able to navigate in 3D worlds? A manual camera... for wich you need a second analog. 3D games need a second analog. Its that simple.

Nem said:
RolStoppable said:
Nem said:
They didnt even take the chance to add the second analog from the pad pro. Are they gonna make another addon for this aswell? I dont think Nintendo is thinking alright. This is no doubt a market test.

Nobody gives a damn about the second Circle Pad, that's why it hasn't been added. How many games have supported the Circle Pad Pro after the initial wave? One, maybe two?

They didn't add more shoulder buttons either.

I'm amazed to see this kind of rationale from you. 3D... what do you need to be able to navigate in 3D worlds? A manual camera... for wich you need a second analog. 3D games need a second analog. Its that simple.

no they don't.

N64 and gamecube had no 2nd analog, yet they have some of the best 3D world games made to date. Including the first FPS on consoles.

RolStoppable said:
Smeags said:

Castle Vidcons has spoken.

Poor queen. Her new control inputs sit the wrong way around.

I noticed this as well. Big mistake.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Well here's an interesting piece of news: Technically the 2DS is only one larger touch screen segmented only by the plastic coverings, and not two seperate screens.

From USGamer:

Curiously, the 2DS is even more of a tablet-style system than it appears at first glance, as it actually features a single large screen in its center, not two separate ones. As one of their cost-cutting design measures, Nintendo reduced the number of screens in the system from two to one, and the appearance of separate screens is merely simulated by the way the case masks out the extraneous portions. This means the entire screen is by necessity a touchscreen, with the upper screen protected by a layer of plastic that sits above it.

Source

I'm still laughing at this news. I think it's an amazing idea and is set to do very well, but holy shit this is hilarious news.

It's hard for me to unconditionally support Nintendo when this is what they come up with. I love Nintendo but man seriously.

Wii U without a tablet controller coming next year for $199.99. Calling it. And for people who keep bringing it up, the Wii U UI is pretty much perfectly usable with a Wiimote or Pro controller, the last few times I've booted up my Wii U I've purposely just left the tablet controller on the cradle.

And yes I think the next Nintendo handheld will have a similar form factor, but with one large screen ... basically a tablet.

I'm positive this idea has been seen in many an April Fools article over the past two years.