By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why They Are Excited For Killer Instinct?

Are You Excited About This Game?

Yes 74 37.56%

No 95 48.22%

A little 22 11.17%

See results 6 3.05%

Total:197
animegaming said:

i have no idea why all of the signs are pointing to this game sucking
only 6 fighters (2 more later as DLC) in a next gen fighting game in 2013 
weird pricing model 
the developer has never made a single good game

Yeah, all signs are pointing to this game will suck...

But the weird thing is people are playing and saying good things.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

best gameplay, characters, moves, combos, graphics, story, blah blah blah

the number 1 fighting game of all time and it has fatalities...

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Lol your changing your arguement every time to benefit you and your calling my arguements lame?  You've now changed 3 times why your hyped about the game.  First it was nostalgia, then I argue against that and you change it to the previous entries, then I argue against that and now you change it to interviews and commentary you've seen.  There is honestly no point to keep going because your just gonna keep changing why your hyped for the game.  

My original point was if you weren't a fan of the original game, well obviously you aren't going to be very hyped for the new game. Not because of nostalgia, but because you aren't a fan. Hence, fans get more excited than non-fans. Duh!!!!

You implied people are only excited because of nostalgia. As if nostalgia is the sole reason people want to play the new KI. That was stupid.

Hypothetically, if the new KI didn't play like the old games there would be less interest. Not because of nostalgia, but because we want gameplay similar to the classic games. It appears that's what we're getting.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I love fact paced 2D fighting games and this game is super fast.

Mr Puggsly said:

My original point was if you weren't a fan of the original game, well obviously you aren't going to be very hyped for the new game. Not because of nostalgia, but because you aren't a fan. Hence, fans get more excited than non-fans. Duh!!!!

You implied people are only excited because of nostalgia. As if nostalgia is the sole reason people want to play the new KI. That was stupid.

Hypothetically, if the new KI didn't play like the old games there would be less interest. Not because of nostalgia, but because we want gameplay similar to the classic games. It appears that's what we're getting.

I implied the only reason was nostalgia?  Lol I said from what people posted the MAIN reason people are excited for the game is nostalgia, I never said it was the only reason.  Go back to the first response I said to you if you don't believe me.  Here you go again twisting the arguement to benefit you.  

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I implied the only reason was nostalgia?  Lol I said from what people posted the MAIN reason people are excited for the game is nostalgia, I never said it was the only reason.  Go back to the first response I said to you if you don't believe me.  Here you go again twisting the arguement to benefit you.  

I don't feel nostalgia is the main reason people are hyped per se. I think people enjoy the style of gameplay KI offers and the new KI game appears to be offering more of that. The word nostalgia is just being crowbarred in because its an old IP.

Recently Completed

gergroy said:

It would ruin the game if you are always fighting the same character, since there is only one free character, guess who you will be squaring off against 99% of the time?  I dont think the free the play model works well with a fighting game,  no matter how balanced it is.

I understand why where your coming from because it would be annoying. In an interview with Ken Lobb, he already brought up this issue and they are coming up with a solution for it currently so I wouldn't worry much about it. 

I think a better thread title would be "Can Someone Please Tell Me Why They Are Excited For Knack?" lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

gergroy said:
Mr Puggsly said:
gergroy said:
Pricing model kills any interest this game might have generated for me. I am honestly not a fighting game fan though, so I was never really that interested.

Free to play ruins games!

The pricing model bugs you? $20 for 8 characters isn't cheap enough?

Unless they implement pay to win crap, you can't complain about the F2P strategy.

It would ruin the game if you are always fighting the same character, since there is only one free character, guess who you will be squaring off against 99% of the time?  I dont think the free the play model works well with a fighting game,  no matter how balanced it is.

Doubt it.  People who enjoy fighting games will not live with just one character which is the default.  People who do not really like fighting games will only play for short while then disappear.  What will be left is the same as what you see with all fighting games.  A combination of every character.  I am not a big KI fan, but I love fighting games.  I will purchase the 20 dollar or maybe the more expensive one and Chief Thundar looks like the character I want to try first.  Fulgore was my better character in the past but I want to try something new.

Nostalgia.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.