By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Wii U looking to disappoint in Japan and Europe this Holiday?

How will the Wii U fair In EU and Japan?

The sales will be great 95 31.35%

The sales will decent 124 40.92%

The sales will be poor 83 27.39%

Total:302
AIAS said:
Mnementh said:
teigaga said:
Mnementh said:
If I see it right, neither PS4 or XBOX will be available this holiday in Japan. So I think WiiU will do decent in Japan. Europe is another matter. Always the hardest region for Nintendo, they will continue to struggle here.

But the Vita might pose some competition. Also The PS3 is still recieving big games this fall with GT6, Project J versus,  Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X HD. 

Yes, handhelds are obviously stronger in Japan. But WiiU already showed potential in this direction with the people playing on train on the gamepad. Some japanese developers (namely Capcom) noticed that. So I don't think the WiiU can really beat handhelds, but with the other home-consoles launch later, the current line-up and the option for half-handheld it might do good on Japan. Although Japan also is not the big market anymore for home-consoles.

You cannot play in the train with the Gamepad!

The guy took a WiiU with him, had put it into the power-supply in the train and played on the gamepad without TV. I thought everyone knew about this. Capcom had related to in in the statement why they added Off-TV-play for MH3U in a patch and had it from the start in RE:Revelations for WiiU.

http://kotaku.com/5963181/yes-the-wii-u-also-works-on-japanese-bullet-trains

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I think the Power of Pikmen and Wonderful 101 will push the U in Europe... along with this line up... it will do decent in Europe.. (Nothing ground breaking mind you but not as bad as what some people think) Japan by years end.. should be all about the U.. I am thinking about 2.5 Million between Europe and Japan...

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

The Wii U will have an installed userbase over 8m before the end of the year. 1m between now and November and 4m between November and 31st December.

The problem the Wii U has had is a software drought, and that drought is over. If you think that Donkey Kong, Super Mario 3D Land and Wii Fit U aren't huge system sellers then you need to have your bumps felt.

No. They're looking to sell 9 million Wii U's worldwide. So far they have about 3.6 million since launch, they need about 5.4 million consoles to sell by the end of the year. 

geddie221 said:

No. They're looking to sell 9 million Wii U's worldwide. So far they have about 3.6 million since launch, they need about 5.4 million consoles to sell by the end of the year. 

They're planning to ship 9 mill units by this FISCAL year. Fiscal year ends march 31 2014. I am, however,pretty sure they will ship 7mill by this CALENDAR year wich ends december 31 2013.

Around the Network
Incubi said:

They're planning to ship 9 mill units by this FISCAL year. Fiscal year ends march 31 2014. I am, however,pretty sure they will ship 7mill by this CALENDAR year wich ends december 31 2013.

To further clarify, it is 9 million for just this fiscal year.  Which means they will need to ship 8840k from July-March if they want to hit their forecast.