By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Wii U looking to disappoint in Japan and Europe this Holiday?

How will the Wii U fair In EU and Japan?

The sales will be great 95 31.35%

The sales will decent 124 40.92%

The sales will be poor 83 27.39%

Total:302
milkyjoe said:
Mario 3D World not coming until December is a far bigger problem in America (missing Black Friday) than it is in Europe, where the biggest sales weeks are in December.

Black Friday is more about deals and sales than just having something out on that day, having it out before Christmas is the bigger deal.

Around the Network

I'm fully confident that Wind Waker will be a significant sales boost. A much bigger one than Pikmin 3. And not from hardcore Nintendo fans. From young boys. It has a much better appeal. I'm 100% confident that Wii Fit U will be a smash hit with the right advertisement. And a bundle. And I think they'll do both. I think Wii Party U will sell consoles as well and same with Super Mario 3D World especially with a bundle. And especially in Japan. What they should have done is release Super Mario Strikers Wii U. Europe get. Then again, that would cannibalize sales. But the Wii U's strongest titles are definitely Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D world, Wind Waker HD, and to a smaller extent Wii Party U. Those will destroy sales predictions with a proper advertising campaign and bundles for each of them.

Expecting a large hardware boost from a 10 year old GameCube game that isn't even one of the better selling Zelda games is a bit much IMO.

DKC: TF will outsell it easily. Zelda fans make a big fuss on the internet, but DKC is easier to play for most people IMO and thus has wider appeal.

I think Wii Fit U will fizzle. Wii Party U might do OK though, it seems to actually use the game pad fairly well.

Welll... if ps4 and xbox one ran out of stock then the wiiU will sell great but I think 2014 is the year of the wiiU rather than this holiday. It will sell decent for sure... Most likely will either come close or outsell vita's Lifetime sales this holiday

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

While I think the intention was the opposite, this thread convinced me that Wii U will do very well in Japan this year. Europe is more of a challenge, but not because the games aren't excellent, but because the system isn't finding an audience there yet in general.

Around the Network

Japan will be a huge sucess
Europe a decent sucess

End

Click HERE and be happy 

Well lets just wait and see I guess. Some people on these boards have been talking a big game about how 3D World and DKC and Pikmin 3 and Zelda: WWHD would solve all the Wii U's problems.

Lets see what the cold, hard results are.

My guess is if the system underperforms this holiday there's going to be a lot of "obviously it needs a price cut! Everyone knows that! And Mario Kart and Smash will save it, no one was going to buy a Wii U for Zelda: WWHD and Mario 3D World anyone who thought that was stupid".

The cycle will start again in January.

Soundwave said:

Well lets just wait and see I guess. Some people on these boards have been talking a big game about how 3D World and DKC and Pikmin 3 and Zelda: WWHD would solve all the Wii U's problems.

My guess is if the system underperforms this holiday there's going to be a lot of "obviously it needs a price cut! Everyone knows that! And Mario Kart and Smash will save it, no one was going to buy a Wii U for Zelda: WWHD and Mario 3D World anyone who thought that was stupid".

Im one of the more optimistic people on here when it comes to Wii U but if it has a horrible holiday then I will admit that Wii U is destined to Gamecube like success. A price cut, Mario Kart and Smash Bros in 2014 will surely help but if Mario/Sonic/DK/Wind Waker/FitU/PartyU plus holiday deals/bundles dont get the job done then nothing will.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:

Im one of the more optimistic people on here when it comes to Wii U but if it has a horrible holiday then I will admit that Wii U is destined to Gamecube like success. A price cut, Mario Kart and Smash Bros in 2014 will surely help but if Mario/Sonic/DK/Wind Waker/FitU/PartyU plus holiday deals/bundles dont get the job done then nothing will.

I don't think it'll do horribly, but perhaps more lukewarm than some people on this board would want to admit.

It will sell well.
I think it should reach the 7 millions WW by years end