By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gotta love the revisionist history BS about the Wii

Tagged games:

RenCutypoison said:
Still considering wii was a fail overall.

Yes, loads of sales, but recent molls indicated most Wiis were not played during the last 3 years.

If your Nintendo console is taking dust 2 years before next gen, why woul you buy another one ?

It's true.  Nintendo really dropped the ball here.  After NSMBWii there was basically nothing for the 'casual'  crowd on Wii except Just Dance.  

Why buy an another console if you think you'll get abandoned again?   Which in fact has been the case since NSMBWiiU.

Around the Network

Double post, sorry.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wii counts, always has and always will, doesn't matter if the haters say otherwise.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

phenom08 said:
^You are out of your mind to think WiiU will sell closer to gamecube than Wii. I find it hilarious that you guys really believe this. Gamecube was 199.99 when it launched, up against a juggernaut, and didn't have 2D Mario or Wii series games lol. WiiU will not sell as much as Wii but neither will One or PS4 lol. Japan is needed more than you'd guys think to reach that 100 million. Japans days of buying alot of home consoles are over.

While I wouldn't agree that the Wii U will sell closer to gamecube than Wii, it's not that farfetched.  Wii stands at, what, 100m?  Gamecube is like 22m? Selling 50m is still closer to gamecube than Wii.  Wii U has to sell over 60m in order to sell closer to Wii than Gamecube and even Nintendo fans think that 60m+ for Wii U guaranteed is a bit difficult.

Max King of the Wild said:
MohammadBadir said:

Yeah sorry, I meant that they lost more money than they gained, hence the "-3.75"

Ps4 development started in 2008 and vita before that. We will never know the losses of any item.

not to forget all the ps3 development costs years before release and the ps2 profits after ps3 release which also let the numbers look wrong

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Yes, loads of sales, but recent molls indicated most Wiis were not played during the last 3 years.

If your Nintendo console is taking dust 2 years before next gen, why woul you buy another one ?

Because Nintendo is promising that the Wii U Gamepad offers several exciting new possible ways to play videogames, such as

I trolled a nintendo guy at a con by telling him "You have 30 seconds to tell me what's new with wii U and why I should buy it"

That was pretty fun, he couldn't talk for 15 seconds, then told me for 15 seconds about watching TV and playing at the same time xDDDDDDD

RenCutypoison said:
noname2200 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Because Nintendo is promising that the Wii U Gamepad offers several exciting new possible ways to play videogames, such as

I trolled a nintendo guy at a con by telling him "You have 30 seconds to tell me what's new with wii U and why I should buy it"

That was pretty fun, he couldn't talk for 15 seconds, then told me for 15 seconds about watching TV and playing at the same time xDDDDDDD

Reminds me of the time I asked a Sony dude "what good games does the vita have?" It took him a while to say something.

MohammadBadir said:

Reminds me of the time I asked a Sony dude "what good games does the vita have?" It took him a while to say something.

Stop kicking puppies. >=(

MohammadBadir said:
In the end, profit is what matters. And the GBA+GC made more money than the PS2 did, so Nintendo's fine. Sony's the one who you could argue is declining, IIRC Sony's gaming division hasn't posted a profit since the PS2 days

You don't remember correctly.

DucksUnlimited said:
MohammadBadir said:
In the end, profit is what matters. And the GBA+GC made more money than the PS2 did, so Nintendo's fine. Sony's the one who you could argue is declining, IIRC Sony's gaming division hasn't posted a profit since the PS2 days

You don't remember correctly.

Yes that was pointed out to me captain obvious -.-

the point is, when Sony was at their best (PS2) and Nintendo was at their worst (GC and GBA), Nintendo still made more money.