By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gotta love the revisionist history BS about the Wii

Tagged games:

NoirSon said:
MohammadBadir said:

So the WiiU is a younger puppy and the PS4 and Xbox One are fetuses?

I would the Wii U a young Puppy since it is almost a year old but yeah both PS4 and Xbox One are fetuses that have yet to be born but are past the line where abortions are legal.

And what could be what happened to the Xbox One recently?

Around the Network
Player2 said:
NoirSon said:
MohammadBadir said:

So the WiiU is a younger puppy and the PS4 and Xbox One are fetuses?

I would the Wii U a young Puppy since it is almost a year old but yeah both PS4 and Xbox One are fetuses that have yet to be born but are past the line where abortions are legal.

Risky prenatal surgery to remove a defect.

Player2 said:

Hormone therapy.

The Wii was a massive mistake and I'll tell you why. It created a vacuum. Iwata traded in short term gain for long term viability. The Wii made them alot of money but at a huge cost, a cost we're seeing them pay for now.

MohammadBadir said:
RenCutypoison said:

I trolled a nintendo guy at a con by telling him "You have 30 seconds to tell me what's new with wii U and why I should buy it"

That was pretty fun, he couldn't talk for 15 seconds, then told me for 15 seconds about watching TV and playing at the same time xDDDDDDD

Reminds me of the time I asked a Sony dude "what good games does the vita have?" It took him a while to say something.

Try it on Shahid Ahmad's twitter. You'll get the real answer in no time (But it'll take multiple tweets)

Around the Network

I don't understand why people think Wii was a mistake. It revolutionized the way people played games by being the first gaming system to use motion control as it's primary set-up. Just because the Move, floundered on the PS3 doesn't mean motion control is not a good fit for gaming.

Wii sales have meant nothing to Wii owners, game support has been pulled these wasn't really anything of note in all of 2012+

Wii owners now have to upgrade to wiiu only to play games that are made for ps360, so one can gloat about sales but them sales didn't give any return to Wii purchasers

to put it bluntly, Wii purchasers have nothing left to play unlike the other consoles where new titles are common place

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Wii sales have meant nothing to Wii owners, game support has been pulled these wasn't really anything of note in all of 2012+

Wii owners now have to upgrade to wiiu only to play games that are made for ps360, so one can gloat about sales but them sales didn't give any return to Wii purchasers

to put it bluntly, Wii purchasers have nothing left to play unlike the other consoles where new titles are common place

I'm glad the whole soccer mom, casual crowd is gone to be honest. Good riddance. I think Just Dance is going to go the way of the dinosaur this year like Guitar Hero and Wii Fit will dissapoint sales wise. 

As a Nintendo fan, we never got anything really out of this whole "we're making casual games now" bargain. All it did was chew up Nintendo's resources, the larger userbase didn't bring Nintendo any respect from third parties. We just got a bunch of crap shovelware and franchise spin-offs no one asked for.

I'm glad that Sing Party game for Wii U bombed bigger than the Hidenberg.

Nintendo started to lose support and that eventually led to its reduction in sales for each consecutive console generation. Plus, more competition came out and took in many people. The N64 had its hardware issues, so did the GCN. Now Nintendo has seemingly fixed any form of hardware issues that 3rd parties disliked (cartridges, mini-dvd, etc) and the problem now is the horsepower, though honestly it's not as big of a problem as the issues that plagued the N64 and GCN. At least, that's the only reason why I see the decline of hardware sales with each passing generation and why people have deemed Nintendo as "doomed status".

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

I'm glad the whole soccer mom, casual crowd is gone to be honest. Good riddance. I think Just Dance is going to go the way of the dinosaur this year like Guitar Hero and Wii Fit will dissapoint sales wise. 

As a Nintendo fan, we never got anything really out of this whole "we're making casual games now" bargain. All it did was chew up Nintendo's resources, the larger userbase didn't bring Nintendo any respect from third parties. We just got a bunch of crap shovelware and franchise spin-offs no one asked for.

I'm glad that Sing Party game for Wii U bombed bigger than the Hidenberg.

And what would we have got, if the Wii sold like the GameCube?

The market had grown and Nintendo was probably not dumb enough to make the same mistakes with the GameCube again, that a "GameCube 2" probably would've sold 30-40 million units if handled correctly, mostly on the back of Sony's $600 blunder and people having to go elsewhere for a while, enough to make a nice sized profit and continue making the franchises Nintendo fans actually care about.

And Nintendo became allergic to pushing games like Xenoblade because they were out chasing the casual dragon, I'm glad it's done with to be honest.

Casuals want $1 games on smartphones now? Good for them. Don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out I say. They won't be missed, nor will Zumba Fitness 234939 or Puppiez U or Hillbilly Carnival Games.