By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii U LTD sales ever pass Vita?

Did you post your opinion?

Yes 213 69.84%

No I'm boring 92 30.16%

Total:305

The Wii U will pass the Vita in system sales this holiday season.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Anyone who thinks it isn't going to happen is dangerously deluded. Nintendo is supporting Wii U far better than Sony is supporting the Vita (remember the 2 minutes Vita got at Sony's E3?)

One negative is that Sony seems ok with how the Vita is doing. They aren't selling a lot of Vitas but each buyer is spending a lot of money on digital games and memory cards. Sony wishes it was doing better, but it's not swimming in the red.

I think Nintendo cares A LOT more about saving their system. With that said, the gamecube only got to 20+ million and Nintendo really pushed that. Is it so crazy to see a future where Vita is 20+?

I think anyone who is confident in their prediction is dangerously deluded ;)

JoeTheBro said:
Mr Khan said:
Anyone who thinks it isn't going to happen is dangerously deluded. Nintendo is supporting Wii U far better than Sony is supporting the Vita (remember the 2 minutes Vita got at Sony's E3?)

One negative is that Sony seems ok with how the Vita is doing. They aren't selling a lot of Vitas but each buyer is spending a lot of money on digital games and memory cards. Sony wishes it was doing better, but it's not swimming in the red.

I think Nintendo cares A LOT more about saving their system. With that said, the gamecube only got to 20+ million and Nintendo really pushed that. Is it so crazy to see a future where Vita is 20+?

yes, it seems like vita will celebrate it's 2 year anniversary with only 7M sold. and as things are going it probably won't double it in the following two years.

JoeTheBro said:
Mr Khan said:

Was about to reply myself, but you beat me to it and did a brilliant job.

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

c'mon everyone, vita will be lucky to reach 7M sales this year and wii u should easily get to 9-10M.

Not sure if serious. Vita will barely sell 1.6m for the remainder of the year (it has already sold 1.3m), while WiiU will sell 5.7-6.7m (it has only sold less than 1.1m so far). This means that from here on out, WiiU will have to almost quadruple Vita sales weekly. This is why I think people shouldn't be allowed to make predictions until they've passed some kind of a basic prediction exam.

That's not entirely fair.

I make idiotic predictions all the time and should be allowed to continue to do so. I just don't push them as fact.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

c'mon everyone, vita will be lucky to reach 7M sales this year and wii u should easily get to 9-10M.

Not sure if serious. Vita will barely sell 1.6m for the remainder of the year (it has already sold 1.3m), while WiiU will sell 5.7-6.7m (it has only sold less than 1.1m so far). This means that from here on out, WiiU will have to almost quadruple Vita sales weekly. This is why I think people shouldn't be allowed to make predictions until they've passed some kind of a basic prediction exam.

you're trolling right? and did it cross your mind the AVERAGE sales must be that multiplier? it's amazing how many people come with that "it has to start seling x numbers weekly right now" crap.

as I said many times before the wii unumbers so far this year are no parameter for anything. it will still sell it's millions during the holidays.

FatedReality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
What does the Wii U and Vita have to do with one another?

They both play games. Therefore we must compare them and chose which one will do better!

Well in that case i believe Samsung's Galaxy S4 has outsold the Wii-U something like 10:1?

I would assume that the Wii U will pass the Vita by early 2014 unless there's a big price drop + major game announcements.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pezus said:
Screamapillar said:

Oh, it'll definitely be by the end of this December. You'll see a big Wii U spike as soon as Wind Waker comes out, while Tropical Freeze and 3D World will coax the system into selling in extremely high volumes from Black Friday right on through Christmas Eve.

Wii U is likely to sell a million globally just during the last week of Thanksgiving alone. PS Vita won't do close to that.

You have to remember that Nintendo historically does better during the holiday sales season than the other game companies, because Nintendo's games tend to make for more family-friendly/ children's-type gifts.  If you need any proof of this, if you don't believe me, look at the jump-start that Galaxy gave Wii in November 2007, or that DKCR gave the Wii in November 2010.  Wii U is struggling only because there is no software that appeals to a wide array of people (don't even tell me Pikmin is that type of game, no, just no).

Wind Waker will jump-start sales and appeal to people like us that want something grand to play on Wii U, and Tropical Freeze, Wii U Party, and 3D World will cause Wii U to sell like hotcakes to the rest of the population.  Just wait and see.

What, exactly, makes that even remotely likely? A system won't jump from 20-30k per week to 1m out of nowhere.

WiiU is struggling because of many factors. The main one being that it isn't appealing to the masses as a concept. Two others are that the price is too high and that it lacks the right games.

Wind Waker will appeal to Nintendo fans, who most likely already have a WiiU.

It doesn't seem as if you ready my entire post.  DKC Tropical Freeze and Wii Party U, as well as 3D World will indeed cause Wii U to sell in enormous numbers come this holiday.  Tropical Freeze is the big November game, and following what will surely be strong sales coming into November from WW HD releasing in October, the momentum will build upon itself and the console sales will continually get bigger and bigger.  We've seen this before with Wii and 3DS. 

Presuming 3D World launches first week of December (which is... pretty much a certainty), sales will remain very high following Black Friday.  Wii U will do very, very well between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.  I don't think you're giving the lineup enough credit.  Especially with what I assume will be some bundles with first-party games. 

Wii Party U has the potential to do big numbers and move consoles for the family-friendly "let's all play together" Christmas shopper.  Especially if Nintendo is smart and either A) bundles Wii Party U with the Wii U without increasing the price higher than $349, or B) Accepts it's far more likely to be successful at $29 or $39 and not the typical $59.

Regardless, with the lineup Nintendo has for Wii U between now and December, I don't think there is any reason to think Wii U will not do very, very well this holiday season. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

PS4>>>>>>WiiU

PSV <<<<<< 3DS

Seems even to me Õ.õ

OT:WiiU will pass Vita, To be fair for the people saying wait for TGS or any other event, Been saying the same thing over and over again. What happen to E3? ("It was PS4 Spotlight presentation"). Vita willl continue to do well in japan, will do better once a price drop comes to both hardware+ memory cards to the west. But I see WiiU overtaking them, maybe not soon but who knows, If Vita stays passed them, then thats fine as well as long as games come out.

Last thing why do people think PS4 will massively push Vita? I mean I know why, but people are going to be spending money on PS4 and games, and majority of people wanting a Bundle are the people who already own Vita. Vita doesn't need PS4, it needs games which is why WiiU is doing Terrible.