By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii U LTD sales ever pass Vita?

Did you post your opinion?

Yes 213 69.84%

No I'm boring 92 30.16%

Total:305

In that original thread, I said WiiU would pass it during the holiday season and in february at the latest... In my defence, I was new here... And it should've had more games which ended up being delayed or cancelled...

Today I say WiiU will pass it halfway through 2014, in the second half of the year anyway. I just don't see Vita picking up. WiiU should with the big games coming. With a little luck, it'll already come close during this holiday, but realistically the Vita will probably still be comfortably ahead.

And what are people on about the rumoured PS4/Vita bundle saving the system(s)? I don't see that doing anything at all. It will be 500 eurodollars! At least, likely more. Way too much, even if you get two systems. People always look at price first, regardless of content. When they see something gaming-related with a $500 pricetag, they'll move along without taking a second look. Only the ultra-hardcore will buy this, assuming they don't have a Vita already, which is a tiny number.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
3 days?

lulz, well in my defence i was and remain very pessimistic about vita.

...not only is this thread hilarious it is also a very sobering reminder to manage expectations for ps4 and xbox one.  we are all getting ourselves too worked up.  especially with sales in holiday 2013. 

I'd say...
never.

I would say, yes because of the games we know that will come out on the Wii U but if that #jrpgvita ever comes to fruition with a price drop then PS4 bundle. Then that could be something else altogether. There are a lot of factors but now, my vote is yes.

Anyone who thinks it isn't going to happen is dangerously deluded. Nintendo is supporting Wii U far better than Sony is supporting the Vita (remember the 2 minutes Vita got at Sony's E3?)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

How is it in one of the other threads that talked about which system will sell more in 2014, a bunch of the people thought the wiiU would be the one. Yet, the most in this thread seem to think it can't catch up to the vita?

OT - Seems that the wiiU will pass it in 2014 sometime, probably the first half.

c'mon everyone, vita will be lucky to reach 7M sales this year and wii u should easily get to 9-10M.

Zero999 said:

c'mon everyone, vita will be lucky to reach 7M sales this year and wii u should easily get to 9-10M.

Not 9-10, given that they basically shipped zero in the last quarter and are likely going to be more conservative with shipments this holiday to not burn retailers again. I'd say 8 million by the end of the season (so that January 20th, 2014 that was quoted elsewhere), tops.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Oh, it'll definitely be by the end of this December. You'll see a big Wii U spike as soon as Wind Waker comes out, while Tropical Freeze and 3D World will coax the system into selling in extremely high volumes from Black Friday right on through Christmas Eve.

Wii U is likely to sell a million globally just during the last week of Thanksgiving alone. PS Vita won't do close to that.

You have to remember that Nintendo historically does better during the holiday sales season than the other game companies, because Nintendo's games tend to make for more family-friendly/ children's-type gifts.  If you need any proof of this, if you don't believe me, look at the jump-start that Galaxy gave Wii in November 2007, or that DKCR gave the Wii in November 2010.  Wii U is struggling only because there is no software that appeals to a wide array of people (don't even tell me Pikmin is that type of game, no, just no).

Wind Waker will jump-start sales and appeal to people like us that want something grand to play on Wii U, and Tropical Freeze, Wii U Party, and 3D World will cause Wii U to sell like hotcakes to the rest of the population.  Just wait and see.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Nintendo predictions are 9 mil to the end of fiscal year(march 2014).