By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Gamerankings, 360 Vs Wii Vs PS3

Review scores do not equate to "worth playing"

Around the Network

anyway xbox360/ps3 have higher scores because of : OOO nice graphics

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So:

All 360's top 10 are at least 90%. Thats impressive.

PS3's top 10 are at least 86% in a year less. Thats also impressive.

Wii's top 10 are 80% or more in a year less. Thats a little weak, but they're getting there.

I'd agree with GhaleonUnlimited though, sometimes scores can be different then there fun factor. One of my favourite games all time is "No one lives forever" for the PS2, and on Metacritic it's only a 62! Also I like Killzone and its only like a 70something on Metacritic.

Legend11 said:
Reasonable said:
The funny thing is this shows why personally I don't have a 360. The top 5 games for 360 are all on PC as well and all play there as well or better IMO, particularly the FPS games. As with the fist Halo on Xbox MS main focus seems to be getting NA gamers who would have previously played those kinds of games on a PC off PC and onto a console.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that... but I really think this approach is always going to put a glass-ceiling over MS consoles' head which they will struggle to breach. And that ceiling is where you need to sell beyond this narrow demographic to a more diverse, casual userbase.

Well Microsoft is pushing both it's Games for Windows and Xbox 360 so it's expected that this would happen.

There are still a lot of games coming for the 360 that aren't scheduled to be released on PC (or will be released on PC months or even a year later).  Grand Theft Auto 4, Resident Evil 5, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, etc (I made a large list of such games in another thread awhile back).

I'm not attacking 360 - I'm pointing out though that the evidence of the very list in the OP clearly shows some of the challenges that have prevented 360 doing as well as I believe MS would have hoped.  The Wii has already overtaken it and I don't care what brave face puts on it that's gotta sting and the Arcade I think shows what little chance they have in near future of getting anywhere with the larger casual market.

Also, I was pointing out why 360 games actually give it issues of growth outside US because the PC market is still large in many European countries, and many potential 360 purchasers aren't buying the game because most of the consoles big hitters are either available on PC at launch or head there with more content and better resolutions eventually (GOW).

Finally, due to the source these lists are skewed to US market and tastes (not entirely but somewhat) plus simple game averages while useful do have limitations (for example well polished big franchises are almost certain to score better than new IP as they contain little risk and are built on already tried and tested formulas) - and despite what some people are posting you do have to factor in the 360 12 month lead as many of those games can out when developers were very experienced with the console vs developers for PS3 and Wii.

I'd happily state the 360 has a great library and it's a pretty good console but to use the criteria of the OP is pretty naive and it will get exactly the rebuttals it deserves.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Oyvoyvoyv said:
The problem with this, is that all the sources Gamerankings have are AMERICAN. 75% of the reviews are American, 20 % Japaneese and 5 % European. GR doesn't count Japaneese, so it's 93 % American reviews and 7 % European. Since 360 is a much more liked console in USA, it will of course win.

I am NOT saying that Wii/Ps3 has better games (even though for me, they are) but that Gamerankings isn't objective, beacause NO reviewer is objective, and EVERYONE is nationalistic (is this a word in English?) in some way.

Most hits in Japan dont make it here to U.S. it took years to get FF 3 and 6 or then game comes out 6 months before there then here and voice acting takes an extra 6 months! Japanese love your money but they treat us as gamers like romulans treat humans!  Its a different market and most games there would never sell here like "school girls underware party 5".   lol

Around the Network
Katilian said:

Just looking at the 360 list points out why, as has been brought up before (and I agree), PC gamers really shouldn't bother getting a 360. 6 of those 10 games are available on PC, with little doubt that at some point Halo 3 and Mass Effect will come to PC too (given Microsoft's and Bioware's previous doings). Rockband and gh2 are available on other systems, so there is very little incentive to buy a 360.

I'll admit this is a shame, because there are a few titles on 360 I'd love to play, but I really can't justify the current prices for the handful of games that I'd be interested in.

I built over 50 P.C.  I have all three nexgen systems Combined its cheaper to own all three of these sytems then to upgrade a graphics card every year to play the latest pc games not to mention Cpu and motherboard to.

with this in mind 360 Ps3 and wii games can be traded after purchase to recoup money you cant do that with pc games easily.

this site reports NYD figures over 18 billion for consoles less then 1 billion for P.C.

these games GOW was on 360 for a year before being released on pc

your quote would say MGS2 sons of liberty shouldnt count because its not exclusive to PS2!

Resident evil 4 dosent count because its on 2 consoles

yet we see Cod4 on 3 platforms 360 PS3 and P.C. its a system seller no argument there

if you want a system that plays a greater portion of quality nex gen games then 360 is most cost effective!

Dont pull P.C. out because were talking consoles!

Its funny how many people scream cost cost here then claim P.C. the most expensive drain on continuess hardware requirements for your entertainment dollar!  Try playing Crysis. New and better video cards shouldnt come out every other month! Its absurd.

dnnc said:
Why are games that appear on both 360 and PS3 have different scores, and don't give me that frame rate crap
is it the difference with the controller, cause that wouldn't be fair cause after playing a FPS on Wii it doesn't matter what other system or even a PC you play on, you'll wish for a Wiimote

IT'S THE SAME DAMN GAME!!!

Ya cause the controlls on Metroid prime are so tight and the light gun thing has never been done before! Please!

mouse and keyboard still rule! 360 controller is better on a console! but I HAVE CARPAL TUNNEL.

i didnt know 360 already had 10 games with 90 and above

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The best game in this generation is SMG, and I didn´t know 360 already had 10 games with 90 and above.

MANUELF said:
The best game in this generation is SMG, and I didn´t know 360 already had 10 games with 90 and above.

the best game this coming from a guy who loves pokemon an anime! I see you working it! LOL

whats wrong with Pokemon and Anime. Nothing I guess if thats what your into.

bye the way do mean nintendo video games rules or just videogames plural????