By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Gamerankings, 360 Vs Wii Vs PS3

I don't trust reviews honestly. Besides, if you look at the majority of the reviews on the 360, many of them are 360 magazines and their games big time. On the other side, there are many reviewers such as the infamous gamesTM that review Sony games the lowest they can possibly give them, just look at many of the multiplatform games for both PS3 and 360. Not only that, gamesTM doesn't even review the 360 versions.

It's better to read reviews and see if there is any biasm in them, then make your own decision whether or not to buy the game.

TC, you say that a game has to have a 94% before you even consider it a system seller? FF7 barely even has a 93% average on gamerankings and it's a near 10 million seller, not to mention it's considered by many, many, many people to be the greatest game ever made.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
"The games are on the PC" - not everyone plays on the PC. If SMG was on the PC, would the average PS3/X360 owner bash the Wii for having it on PC? No.

But a decent number of PC gamers also own consoles. So when it comes down to purchasing the next console, are you going to pick up the one which has 50% (number pulled out of my arse) of the games you can already play? I'm not saying the 360 doesn't have an awesome lineup, if I wasn't a PC gamer I'd definitely have purchased one by now (I keep reconsidering each time I see it on sale), but at it's current price point, it is too expensive as I can already get a large number of the games I want.

And yes, if SMG was on PC, I'd assume most of Nintendo's titles would be, so I'd be making the same argument against the Wii.

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Why are games that appear on both 360 and PS3 have different scores, and don't give me that frame rate crap
is it the difference with the controller, cause that wouldn't be fair cause after playing a FPS on Wii it doesn't matter what other system or even a PC you play on, you'll wish for a Wiimote

IT'S THE SAME DAMN GAME!!!

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Oh cool, first 5 x360 titles are available on PC.
PS3 in first 5 has 2 exclusives atleast.
And 3 exclusives for wii in top5, and of`course it`s mario and zelda + metroid prime(good game for not mario/zelda fans).

That what i see in the top. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Simply having any old PC doesn't mean you're going to be able to play all of the 360 games. The vast majority of people don't own a PC that has the necessary processing and video power to play these games as well as they play on the 360.

But regardless, when it comes to the companies deciding which systems to make their games for, the fact that it's easy to develop for both 360 and PC at the same time is definitely a vote in favor of the 360. Microsoft very intentionally and very intelligently kept the two architectures similar for exactly this reason.

@andersonalex, Every year average PC becoming more powerful.
After 2008-2009, average PC will be more powerful then x360, to sum up, x360 is good for early adopters, thosewho don`t rush, won`t miss a lot on x360, because, most games will be available on PC.
While PC also will have MANY worth to play exclusive titles.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Computing averages is a bad way to judge a game. Look at the scores for Madden 08. 18 scores are 80 or higher and 9 are under 80. Yet it scores a 78%. Why? because Game Pro and 1UP (very biased sites if you have been following-just read gamepro's Madden 08 review and you'll see what I mean) gave it a ridiculous 5 and 4.5 respectively. Median is a better metric IMHO.

Fire Embelem is another casualty. 78% because of a 4/10 from some nobody site. Without that review its above an 80%.

starcraft said:
This is why I wonder why people call me a fanboy when I point out that the PS3 has no AAA games. I mean seriously, just look at the list. The PS3 does not have a single exclusive game in the 90's. The 360 has 5 and the Wii has 2 (3 if you count RE4).

In the same time look what rating the 10th PS3 and the 10th Wii game has ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

andersonalex said:
Reasonable said:

Now, there's nothing wrong with that... but I really think this approach is always going to put a glass-ceiling over MS consoles' head which they will struggle to breach. And that ceiling is where you need to sell beyond this narrow demographic to a more diverse, casual userbase.

No, that doesn't put a ceiling on them. It's a gigantic advantage. The way the business world looks at it is this; "Hey! We can develop games for the PC that can easily be ported to the 360 because of similar architecture! That's a great reason to choose the 360 over the other consoles! We can appeal to 2 large markets for the price of one!"

In no way, shape or form is that a disadvantage. The 360's Windows-like architecture is probably the largest advantage the 360 has going for it, and it virtually guarantees the 360 will not be abandoned by developers in favor the PS3 throughout this generation. The similarities between the 360 and the Windows PC will result in more total games for 360, not less.

Actually, given MS's stated goal is to be the leader it is a massive disadvantage.  PS2 was the success it was due to not having that glass ceiling and supporting multiple demographics and look what it achieved.  Wii is appealing to that same broader audience and overtakes 360 WW in 12 months despite 360 have 12 month head start!  You're assessment of a simple business model is fine in principle but in the console market it guarantees you'll never be number one.

There are more diverse gamers globally than hardcore in US - Wii vs 360 numbers show this.  If MS are happy with that then their model if fine, but clearly all their flailing about with Arcade and statements of growth show they do want the bigger sales.  Also, outside US PC gaming is still strong so as I say games like COD4 being on PC is a disadvantage for 360 as, for example, it means gamers in Germany can stick with their PCs and ignore 360.  If they want console games they can get a PS3 or a Wii or both.

360 does have advantages that have worked well for it as you say - but in the bigger picture I believe they are outweighed by the disadvantages they most certainly bring.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...