By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Gamerankings, 360 Vs Wii Vs PS3

Oyvoyvoyv said:
The problem with this, is that all the sources Gamerankings have are AMERICAN. 75% of the reviews are American, 20 % Japaneese and 5 % European. GR doesn't count Japaneese, so it's 93 % American reviews and 7 % European. Since 360 is a much more liked console in USA, it will of course win.

I am NOT saying that Wii/Ps3 has better games (even though for me, they are) but that Gamerankings isn't objective, beacause NO reviewer is objective, and EVERYONE is nationalistic (is this a word in English?) in some way.

I totally agree with you. On gamerankings WRPG and FPS games are going to have a HUGE advantage. I personally believe JRPGs are better than WRPGs but you see morrowind getting 93%(would be much lower if you figured in Japan reviews) and incredible RPGs like ToS are much lower.

I also beleive Metriod got screwed on the rankings by a few reviewers that drags them down... Gamespot to name one.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
The funny thing is this shows why personally I don't have a 360. The top 5 games for 360 are all on PC as well and all play there as well or better IMO, particularly the FPS games. As with the fist Halo on Xbox MS main focus seems to be getting NA gamers who would have previously played those kinds of games on a PC off PC and onto a console.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that... but I really think this approach is always going to put a glass-ceiling over MS consoles' head which they will struggle to breach. And that ceiling is where you need to sell beyond this narrow demographic to a more diverse, casual userbase.

Well Microsoft is pushing both it's Games for Windows and Xbox 360 so it's expected that this would happen.

There are still a lot of games coming for the 360 that aren't scheduled to be released on PC (or will be released on PC months or even a year later).  Grand Theft Auto 4, Resident Evil 5, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, etc (I made a large list of such games in another thread awhile back).

Everyone keeps attacking the X360 from every angle possible:

"The X360 only has 2 exclusive games" - ignoring the fact that their system of choice has vastly less high-rated games. Even if they are, or are not exclusive, they're still on the X360, and not another given system.

"The games are on the PC" - not everyone plays on the PC. If SMG was on the PC, would the average PS3/X360 owner bash the Wii for having it on PC? No.

"It's because of the 1 year lead" - Look at the top 10 X360 games. 4 of those 10 were released within 1 year of release. Against the Wii, the X360 has as many 90%+ games on year 1 as the Wii did. But the X360 had vastly, vastly more 80%+ games.

Stop with the dumb arguments. You can whittle down the X360, or any system's quality games as much as you want, but the fact remains, if you were to buy one console with the highest rated games, the X360 virtually dominates the list, as it has more 90%+ rated games than both the PS3 and Wii combined .

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well, quite frankly, the best game according to that list, is a Wii exclusive.

So, if you care about playing this gens best game....might outta pick up a Wii, just for it? 250 bucks? Pretty cheap.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Orange box is listed 1st on the 360 whilst it's nowhere near the top10 on the PS3... And that's because reviewers gave it a lower grade because of the supposed framerate issues. I have The orange box on the PS3! And i haven't had 1 Framerate issue whatsoever!... Im now in the beginning of Half Life 2 episode 1.  (So i finished half life 2).

In my opinion, The orange box is the best PS3 game out there (5 games for the price of 1 and all AAA).

Back on-topic: The X360 has the most games above 90. But they are all shooters (or shooter orientated, like GRAW; tactical shooter, etc... And oblivion (an exeption)).

PS3 has a more diverse line-up, with multiplatform games scoring a little lower on that platform for whatever stupid reason...

Wii has the highest rated game although it has the worst top 10 overall, although the most diverse! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
Machina-AX said:
2 - Zelda - 93.968% - 3/10 (ye I know, it's Zelda, it's supposed to be one of the best games ever made, but I didn't like it at all).

Oh comeon MAN!!!

How!!!!!>>????????????????????

That game literally sucked up my soul, spit it in lava, like the phoenix it was reborn, and I came out a better person who now helps my fellow man.

At the VERY LEAST have enough respect to give it a 7/10, just for the obvious monumental effort that went into the game, and acknowledge the fact that it might have just been your taste that caused the game to seem like a sesspool, which the score of 3/10 implies.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

AVERAGES--

X-93.27
wii-87.31
ps3--88.98

Varity
360--around 6 FPS--2 music-2 rpg
wii--2 mini game--1 sport--1 platform-2 adventure-1 music--2 FPS-1 RPG
PS3-3FPS--1 fighter-3 adventure-1 racing-1 music-1 rpg

so right now if you want better ranked but less option 360---if you want a better mix of varity but slightly less rank Wii or ps3

Generally speaking, I think that the Gamerankings comparisons are more interesting when you do a yearly (or quarterly) comparison and look at the exclusive and multiplatform games seperately.

Reasonable said:

Now, there's nothing wrong with that... but I really think this approach is always going to put a glass-ceiling over MS consoles' head which they will struggle to breach. And that ceiling is where you need to sell beyond this narrow demographic to a more diverse, casual userbase.

No, that doesn't put a ceiling on them. It's a gigantic advantage. The way the business world looks at it is this; "Hey! We can develop games for the PC that can easily be ported to the 360 because of similar architecture! That's a great reason to choose the 360 over the other consoles! We can appeal to 2 large markets for the price of one!"

In no way, shape or form is that a disadvantage. The 360's Windows-like architecture is probably the largest advantage the 360 has going for it, and it virtually guarantees the 360 will not be abandoned by developers in favor the PS3 throughout this generation. The similarities between the 360 and the Windows PC will result in more total games for 360, not less.

What matter's to some people like me is that the games on the 360 are either also out on the PC or coming to the PC. So it's kinda hard to justify the extra expense when most of it's best games I already own or will own without purchasing a 360.

Also, people's taste's are completely different then reviewers tastes as we've seen so I really don't think a 94%+ score has anything to do with consumer tastes.

Not that it matters really since the original poster wasn't interjecting anything, he was just drawing up a list of comparison which he slanted by putting in his opinion of what a system seller is. A system seller is a game which people play and want to have, score's mean nothing to that games system seller possibilities.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.