By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There isn't much marginal benefit in Nintendo buying Atlus.

I think one of the reasons why I have faith that Atlus will be fine under Nintendo is because of Monolith Soft. I mean, Nintendo lets Monolith do whatever they want. They do not rush their games to be completed or anything. Also, Monolith Soft help program other Nintendo games, so if Nintendo wants to expand, like they said they would, then could they not do the same with Atlus? Let Atlus make their own games, and every once in awhile ask for their help on Nintendo games?

Around the Network

If Nintendo would buy Atlus it would blow up the PS fanbase because the Nintendo fanbase was blown up when SquareEnix moved to the PS1.

Sure JRPGs are niche but still almost every person I know buys the PS consoles because of jrpg's and having all Atlus games exclusive to Nintendo systems would change alot

Hey Jazz, I know I'm probably being dumb, but is your signature actually meant to say "This signature is not available in your country"? Or is it a geniune OMG you scum from third world UK!? you are not mighty enough for this sig! :p

Don't wish Atlus dumping Sony for Nintendo, I already had to suffer the loss of Square to Sony! (It took me 2 generations to get over that!) I've just started to get used to Sony stuff :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Hey Jazz, I know I'm probably being dumb, but is your signature actually meant to say "This signature is not available in your country"? Or is it a geniune OMG you scum from third world UK!? you are not mighty enough for this sig! :p

Don't wish Atlus dumping Sony for Nintendo, I already had to suffer the loss of Square to Sony! (It took me 2 generations to get over that!) I've just started to get used to Sony stuff :p

Dang. And now you're going to have to buy an iPhone.

AgentZorn said:
Xxain said:

I not sure what the hype around Nintendo buying Atlus is about. It's not a good idea. Nintendo has proven time and time again they do not care about RPG's not tied to popular brands.

We had to beg for The Last Story by popular designer Hirinobu Sakaguchi.

Nintendo has done almost nothing with Monolithsoft and that is a truly talented developer and given proper resources they could create something to rival FF.
Monolithsoft have not been with Nintendo for that long.

Nintendo take's the RPG Paper Mario.. then removes the RPG!? - Because it's the first Handheld Paper Mario and Miyamoto wanted it to be short and easy.

They nearly cancelled the Fire Emblem series
Because the series always sold poorly

Where Earthbound/Mother? The Wii U release is the first thing in years to happen to the series.
Itoi has said that the story is DONE with the Mother series

Seriously! Ask yourselves. Do you want Nintendo to buy Atlus? I damn sure dont.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I want them to buy Atlus to piss of the Sony fanbase.

I agree with this line of reasoning!

Although financially, the idea doesn't really make sense. There are other, larger areas where Nintendo needs to shore up its resoures: niche titles like the ones Atlus produce would contribute, but likely not as effectively as other developers would. Depending on the acquisition price, it'd probably take too long for the investment to become worthwhile.

That said, if Sony is the one who's most likely to purchase them, I demand Nintendo step in instead. I want my Etrian Odyssey and Trauma Center games!

There is one major reason why Nintendo should buy Atlus - so Sony can't. Although I think a company like Marvelous or Level 5 would be of greater benefit to them.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

There is one major reason why Nintendo should buy Atlus - so Sony can't. Although I think a company like Marvelous or Level 5 would be of greater benefit to them.

@Bold: yes

brendude13 said:
MikeRox said:

Dang. And now you're going to have to buy an iPhone.

Oh hell no! That's time to quit gaming!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Gung Ho would be good publisher. They got Game Arts( Grandia, Lunar) and they have been a priority developer for publisher. Im sure Atlus would fit right in. What also make's them a better choice is that they are a RPG company known for Ragnorak series and other online MMO's