By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter 4 will not be on the Wii U

kupomogli said:
hsrob said:
I'm assuming this is using the same engine as the other Street Fighter IV versions? Why would Capcom take the time to develop the engine from the ground up for the WiiU to sell to an install base of 4million when they can do almost no work on the graphics engine and sell to an install base of 150 million?

I would have bought it but this is kind of a no-brainer. The difference with EA is they release their games on every imaginable system and we know once they develop an engine for a system they are going to use that engine again and again and again.....
Cobretti2 said:
how is this considered dropping support when the first 100 versions of it didn't come out on Wii with an install base of 90million?

EA is different they come out on stage saying we love Nintendo and unprecedented support. Then they went all cold. Capcom never said fuck yer lets start bringing out all our games we didn't on the Wii now to WIi U.

The Wii never was powerful enough for Street Fighter 4.  The Wii U is.  Considering that Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes with all characters from every prior game, does it matter if the vanilla version of Street Fighter 4 has released on the Wii U?  There's going to be a physical version of the game which includes everything, so it's not just a DLC upgrade. 

It's okay though.  Just shows how biased you Nintendo fans are.  One company stops releasing games for your console and you shit all over them.  Another releases games only when they're paid off.  Either way, Capcom's not supporting your preferred console.  So now it's automatically okay not to release a game for the WIi U?

I don't like EA, I haven't liked EA for many years due to their approach to business and, generally speaking, their approach to making games.  This holds true across all systems that I presently own (WiiU, Xbox360, PS3, PC) and systems that I have owned in the past.  Having said that they have released some very good games which I have bought over the years, including most recently NFSMW.

My most recent annoyance is that EA came out in 2011 promising  unprecedented support for the WiiU but then, due to unknown issues in the intervening period, started passively sabotaging their WiiU games at almost every available opportunity.  They then had the gaul to come out and state that they can't support the WiiU due to the poor performance of their initial, "high-quality offerings".

Capcom has a history of making some great games, some of my favourites. They have for my mind, earned more credit and done less wrong than EA.   They have simply chosen not to release a game that I honestly believe couldn't reasonably have expected to see a release on the WiiU.

I don't like EA.  At present, I'm indifferent to Capcom, they are not presently at their best.

That is not bias, that is called a founded opinion.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
Zero999 said:
Leadified said:

It's probably not going to be on the PS4 or X1 either. I don't see why it would, there is no reason to port an edition of Street Fighter IV to any next gen platform right now.

that's absolutely true. but you see, for haters, ps360ps4one are a single console. for example, they brag about gtav being on ps360 but not on wii u and convinientely don't mention ps4one won't have it either.

Which is going to be the case for a lot of 360/PS3 games this year and next year. There is a userbase of 160 million consoles that still buys these games, why would you waste time and resources to port to consoles which in total by the end of the year will have a userbase of less than 10 million?

I believe this will change for wii u after 2013 holidays since it will probably have a respectable 10M or so installed base. for ps4/xone, they won't have big enough installed bases at first so, just like wii u (or not), things can get better 1 year after launch.

attaboy said:
Isn't Ultra Street Fighter 4 just a disc that contains the DLC for Super Street Fighter 4? That game came out years ago. Are we complaining about Nintendo not getting a port of a completed Xbox 360/Playstation 3 game from 2010 or something?

not "WE", just haters, as usual.

Not sure why Nintendo can't be more aggressive with these companies, approaching them directly and offering them deals IE lower royalties, duty free DLC, etc.

Nintendo has to go to the developers directly and talk with every single one of them to get more games on their systems. I wish they would stop hanging back hoping more games would come to their systems and try putting more effort into it.

At least that's the feeling I get when I see all these games not coming to the Wii U.

It's just that simple.

Part of me thinks it would be a good idea for Capcom to try (they've milked SFIV so far, surely they can afford a low-profit-margin or break-even version, but at the same time, franchise fatigue means that the sales of any of the versions are pretty doubtful, let alone one on Wii U...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I still believe Super Street Fighter 4 is the best fighter of this generation. I've played it for almost four years in a row with all my friends and family. All the way through SF4 to Arcade Edition.

I don't have it in me to give it another go. My Makoto is probably rusty as hell anyway.

As much as I despise DLC, as much as I hate capcom's milking ways... I always saw the SF4 updates as full game upgrades rather than mere add-ons that are worth the price.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

kupomogli said:

It's a fact thread. EA gets hated on because they stop releasing games. Come on. Where's the Capcom hate?  Other than the games Nintendo paid Capcom to develop for the Wii U, what have they actually released?  Exactly.

You were in on that deal between Capcom and Nintendo? Interesting, tell us more!

OT: How many Street Fighter IV re-makes are they going to make?

woah I totally thought this was just a SF Ultra thread.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

kupomogli said:

It's a fact thread. EA gets hated on because they stop releasing games. Come on. Where's the Capcom hate?  Other than the games Nintendo paid Capcom to develop for the Wii U, what have they actually released?  Exactly.

Difference: MH3U, RE:Revelations, DuckTales, D&D. while EA completely stopped making games for WiiU, Capcom did not.

/thread

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The game was announced for PC/PS3 and 360.

It also wont be on PS4 and Xbox One. Want to make a thread about those aswell?