By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter 4 will not be on the Wii U

Soundwave said:
oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
This one kinda pisses me off more than GTA or something. I like Street Fighter on Nintendo consoles.

I'd like to have Ultra SFIV and the various Street Fighter games on the PSN/XBLA services on the Wii U.

you serious, there hasnt been a SF on home consoles since SNES, hell logical. If when you really get down to it, Sony and is more Street Fighter than Ninty, hell Sega consoles had more Street Fighter releases.

As someone who played about a billion hours of Street Fighter II on the SNES I have one word to that -- Nope.

Street Fighter II was to the SNES what Call of Duty is to the 360 today. It was THE game, moreso than even Mario or Zelda that made the system really take off. It doesn't matter to me how many Street Fighter games launch on other platforms since then.

So true regarding SNES. I remember begging my dad for an SNES just for Street Fighter II. I flipped when I opened it up on Christmas morning.

Around the Network
HipHopGodd said:
Soundwave said:
oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
This one kinda pisses me off more than GTA or something. I like Street Fighter on Nintendo consoles.

I'd like to have Ultra SFIV and the various Street Fighter games on the PSN/XBLA services on the Wii U.

you serious, there hasnt been a SF on home consoles since SNES, hell logical. If when you really get down to it, Sony and is more Street Fighter than Ninty, hell Sega consoles had more Street Fighter releases.

As someone who played about a billion hours of Street Fighter II on the SNES I have one word to that -- Nope.

Street Fighter II was to the SNES what Call of Duty is to the 360 today. It was THE game, moreso than even Mario or Zelda that made the system really take off. It doesn't matter to me how many Street Fighter games launch on other platforms since then.

So true regarding SNES. I remember begging my dad for an SNES just for Street Fighter II. I flipped when I opened it up on Christmas morning.

I remember the convienance store near by my school, you had to actually wait in line outside to get inside to even buy candy because at lunch time the SF2 machine would be swamped with people wanting to play, lol. Me and my friend would wake up early in the morning to play the arcade version before it got too busy in there. Fun times.

Well, is it surprising? It's not like Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4 made their way to the Wii console. On a more cheerful tone, it will be released on xbox, so I'm good.

-Y

Seems like everyone is just dropping support for the struggling Wii U, i really would like to see how these developers react if the Wii U digs itself out of the hole its in and starts to build a solid fanbase.

how is this considered dropping support when the first 100 versions of it didn't come out on Wii with an install base of 90million?

EA is different they come out on stage saying we love Nintendo and unprecedented support. Then they went all cold. Capcom never said fuck yer lets start bringing out all our games we didn't on the Wii now to WIi U.

Around the Network

The just tweeted saying no plans now, but may be later. Capcom has a far better relation with Nintendo than Sony & MS.

The 3DS got SSF4 so it's likely that it'll come to Wii U. Don't forget Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Capcom also ported RE Revalations, and they also got Monster Hunter.

I think Capcom is doing it's fair share supporting Nintendo.

hsrob said:
I'm assuming this is using the same engine as the other Street Fighter IV versions? Why would Capcom take the time to develop the engine from the ground up for the WiiU to sell to an install base of 4million when they can do almost no work on the graphics engine and sell to an install base of 150 million?

I would have bought it but this is kind of a no-brainer. The difference with EA is they release their games on every imaginable system and we know once they develop an engine for a system they are going to use that engine again and again and again.....
Cobretti2 said:
how is this considered dropping support when the first 100 versions of it didn't come out on Wii with an install base of 90million?

EA is different they come out on stage saying we love Nintendo and unprecedented support. Then they went all cold. Capcom never said fuck yer lets start bringing out all our games we didn't on the Wii now to WIi U.

The Wii never was powerful enough for Street Fighter 4.  The Wii U is.  Considering that Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes with all characters from every prior game, does it matter if the vanilla version of Street Fighter 4 has released on the Wii U?  There's going to be a physical version of the game which includes everything, so it's not just a DLC upgrade. 

It's okay though.  Just shows how biased you Nintendo fans are.  One company stops releasing games for your console and you shit all over them.  Another releases games only when they're paid off.  Either way, Capcom's not supporting your preferred console.  So now it's automatically okay not to release a game for the WIi U?

This really isn't a surprise. If it was 5 that'd be a different story, but it's just yet another rehash right now.

Also, they say right now. Most likely they're just waiting for the holidays to see whether or not the system will be viable in the future.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's probably not going to be on the PS4 or X1 either. I don't see why it would, there is no reason to port an edition of Street Fighter IV to any next gen platform right now.

I had a long post explaining this, but then I realized why try to make a common sense post for a topic that doesn't make a lick of sense to begin with?

This is DLC. The retail version is the same thing as a "game of the year" edition. Typically, these types of games do not come out for systems they weren't originally on. Simple.

/thread