By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter 4 will not be on the Wii U

I would love it. Love those Nintendo D-pads. Low install bases are a bitch though.

Around the Network

I'm assuming this is using the same engine as the other Street Fighter IV versions? Why would Capcom take the time to develop the engine from the ground up for the WiiU to sell to an install base of 4million when they can do almost no work on the graphics engine and sell to an install base of 150 million?

I would have bought it but this is kind of a no-brainer. The difference with EA is they release their games on every imaginable system and we know once they develop an engine for a system they are going to use that engine again and again and again.....

Soundwave said:
This one kinda pisses me off more than GTA or something. I like Street Fighter on Nintendo consoles.

I'd like to have Ultra SFIV and the various Street Fighter games on the PSN/XBLA services on the Wii U.

you serious, there hasnt been a SF on home consoles since SNES, hell logical. If when you really get down to it, Sony and is more Street Fighter than Ninty, hell Sega consoles had more Street Fighter releases.

hsrob said:
I'm assuming this is using the same engine as the other Street Fighter IV versions? Why would Capcom take the time to develop the engine from the ground up for the WiiU to sell to an install base of 4million when they can do almost no work on the graphics engine and sell to an install base of 150 million?

I would have bought it but this is kind of a no-brainer. The difference with EA is they release their games on every imaginable system and we know once they develop an engine for a system they are going to use that engine again and again and again.....

Same engine? its the same damn game, this is nothing more than a glorified expansion pack with 4 more characters, just like Arcade Edition was. If you already own the game this is just DLC for you. I dont understand how anyone is surprised that its NOT coming to Wii U. 

Locknuts said:
I would love it. Love those Nintendo D-pads. Low install bases are a bitch though.

I wonder what would be the excuse when the Wii u picks up steam and 3rd party devs still will not bring games over. My bet is on "it  has not enough power" and "3rd party games don't sell well on nintendo consoles"

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
This one kinda pisses me off more than GTA or something. I like Street Fighter on Nintendo consoles.

I'd like to have Ultra SFIV and the various Street Fighter games on the PSN/XBLA services on the Wii U.

you serious, there hasnt been a SF on home consoles since SNES, hell logical. If when you really get down to it, Sony and is more Street Fighter than Ninty, hell Sega consoles had more Street Fighter releases.

As someone who played about a billion hours of Street Fighter II on the SNES I have one word to that -- Nope.

Street Fighter II was to the SNES what Call of Duty is to the 360 today. It was THE game, moreso than even Mario or Zelda that made the system really take off. It doesn't matter to me how many Street Fighter games launch on other platforms since then.

The other thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is they could port SSFIV to the 3DS, which almost assuredly required more effort than porting Ultra SFIV to the Wii U.

Damnit Nintendo, you really couldn't figure out how to launch this thing any better? You've basically scared off even relatively friendly 3rd parties like Capcom with a second consecutive badly mismanaged launch and now Nintendo fans have to suffer as a result.

Please understand, Iwata ... this sucks and it's on you and the decision making of your old boys club (errr ... your completely out of touch board of directors).

Soundwave said:
The thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is they could port SSFIV to the 3DS, which almost assuredly required more effort than porting Ultra SFIV to the Wii U.

Damnit Nintendo, you really couldn't figure out how to launch this thing any better could you? You've basically scared off even relatively friendly 3rd parties like Capcom with such a putrid launch and now Nintendo fans have to suffer as a result.

Please understand, Iwata ... this sucks and it's on you and the decision making of your old boys club (errr ... your ancient board of directors).

We dont know that for sure, even though im in agreement, but you gotta look at it like this, 3ds was favored to do better and has been doing much better than Wii U sales wise. Should Capcom swallow the porting costs, for what is essentially just DLC for the WIi U? They dont seem to think so. Its not getting released on Vita either, which would be even easier to do, since they already have experience, but no one is crying for that.

And no, just no to SF being the COD for SNES, the numbers dont even support such a theory. And no it really doesnt matter how much hours you played, thats a personal thing. The fact is that Ninty has not had a SF game on a home console since SNES which was almost TWO decades ago. Thats a long time so for alot of the recent SF fans, SF is going to be more synomous Sony consoles. Doesnt matter to you how much other consoles it launched on? Thats great, for everyone eles it matters.

oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
The thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is they could port SSFIV to the 3DS, which almost assuredly required more effort than porting Ultra SFIV to the Wii U.

Damnit Nintendo, you really couldn't figure out how to launch this thing any better could you? You've basically scared off even relatively friendly 3rd parties like Capcom with such a putrid launch and now Nintendo fans have to suffer as a result.

Please understand, Iwata ... this sucks and it's on you and the decision making of your old boys club (errr ... your ancient board of directors).

We dont know that for sure, even though im in agreement, but you gotta look at it like this, 3ds was favored to do better and has been doing much better than Wii U sales wise. Should Capcom swallow the porting costs, for what is essentially just DLC for the WIi U? They dont seem to think so. Its not getting released on Vita either, which would be even easier to do, since they already have experience, but no one is crying for that.

And no, just no to SF being the COD for SNES, the numbers dont even support such a theory. And no it really doesnt matter how much hours you played, thats a personal thing. The fact is that Ninty has not had a SF game on a home console since SNES which was almost TWO decades ago. Thats a long time so for alot of the recent SF fans, SF is going to be more synomous Sony consoles. Doesnt matter to you how much other consoles it launched on? Thats great, for everyone eles it matters.

Were you even gaming when SF2 launched on the SNES? It was a huge, huge deal, of course the numbers are not going to match up because the industry has grown a great deal since then. 

SF2 is still the pinnacle of the franchise in fame and SF2 will forever be synonmous with the Super NES in the same way Final Fantasy VII will generally always be associated with the original Playstation. The first Street Fighter 2 game on the SNES alone has sold more than the five best selling Street Fighter games on Sony platforms (PS1/2/3) combined.

Crazy to not have Street Fighter on a Nintendo console. Street Fighter II on Super Nintendo is pretty much what made the franchise what it is today. Ninty is in a bad way right now for sure.