By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter 4 will not be on the Wii U

Leadified said:

It's probably not going to be on the PS4 or X1 either. I don't see why it would, there is no reason to port an edition of Street Fighter IV to any next gen platform right now.

that's absolutely true. but you see, for haters, ps360ps4one are a single console. for example, they brag about gtav being on ps360 but not on wii u and convinientely don't mention ps4one won't have it either.

Around the Network

Are there any news here? F1 2013 too

kupomogli said:
hsrob said:
I'm assuming this is using the same engine as the other Street Fighter IV versions? Why would Capcom take the time to develop the engine from the ground up for the WiiU to sell to an install base of 4million when they can do almost no work on the graphics engine and sell to an install base of 150 million?

I would have bought it but this is kind of a no-brainer. The difference with EA is they release their games on every imaginable system and we know once they develop an engine for a system they are going to use that engine again and again and again.....
Cobretti2 said:
how is this considered dropping support when the first 100 versions of it didn't come out on Wii with an install base of 90million?

EA is different they come out on stage saying we love Nintendo and unprecedented support. Then they went all cold. Capcom never said fuck yer lets start bringing out all our games we didn't on the Wii now to WIi U.

The Wii never was powerful enough for Street Fighter 4.  The Wii U is.  Considering that Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes with all characters from every prior game, does it matter if the vanilla version of Street Fighter 4 has released on the Wii U?  There's going to be a physical version of the game which includes everything, so it's not just a DLC upgrade. 

It's okay though.  Just shows how biased you Nintendo fans are.  One company stops releasing games for your console and you shit all over them.  Another releases games only when they're paid off.  Either way, Capcom's not supporting your preferred console.  So now it's automatically okay not to release a game for the WIi U?

Paranoid much? when did I shit all over Capcom? All i said is this game is not something I was automaticlaly expecitng it would show up. Also considering most of us would have a version of the game on 3DS, this isn't such a big deal. If it was a SFV then the reaction would be different if it wa coming to the other consoles.

You knwo what was more of a big deal? A real RE game not omcing to the WIi. After RE4 WIi remake with pointer controls EVERYONE was pissed of about the onrails, so don't say we don't care. We care when there is a reason to care. 

Isn't Ultra Street Fighter 4 just a disc that contains the DLC for Super Street Fighter 4? That game came out years ago. Are we complaining about Nintendo not getting a port of a completed Xbox 360/Playstation 3 game from 2010 or something?

Wait wait wait wait wait. So...the DLC of a game that wasn't on WiiU on the 1st place isn't coming to the WiiU and we're bitching about it?

I is confused.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Leadified said:

It's probably not going to be on the PS4 or X1 either. I don't see why it would, there is no reason to port an edition of Street Fighter IV to any next gen platform right now.

that's absolutely true. but you see, for haters, ps360ps4one are a single console. for example, they brag about gtav being on ps360 but not on wii u and convinientely don't mention ps4one won't have it either.

Which is going to be the case for a lot of 360/PS3 games this year and next year. There is a userbase of 160 million consoles that still buys these games, why would you waste time and resources to port to consoles which in total by the end of the year will have a userbase of less than 10 million?

attaboy said:
Isn't Ultra Street Fighter 4 just a disc that contains the DLC for Super Street Fighter 4? That game came out years ago. Are we complaining about Nintendo not getting a port of a completed Xbox 360/Playstation 3 game from 2010 or something?

There's a DLC for those that already own a SSF4 disc game.  But there's also the Ultra SF4 that comes with the entire game and everything in it including the new DLC for $39.99, for those that do not own a copy of any SSF4 game.

Leadified said:
Zero999 said:
Leadified said:

Which is going to be the case for a lot of 360/PS3 games this year and next year. There is a userbase of 160 million consoles that still buys these games, why would you waste time and resources to port to consoles which in total by the end of the year will have a userbase of less than 10 million?

If only next gen had backwards compatibility.

I don't blame them, Nintendo did a poor job catering to third parties while creating the hardware.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

V-r0cK said:
attaboy said:

There's a DLC for those that already own a SSF4 disc game.  But there's also the Ultra SF4 that comes with the entire game and everything in it including the new DLC for $39.99, for those that do not own a copy of any SSF4 game.

Yeah.  I'm one of those people that already owns Super Street Fighter on Xbox 360.  Bought the AE DLC about a year ago instead of buying the AE disc.  Also bought probably $100 worth of costumes, too.  And this was after I bought the original SFIV.  And yeah, I'll buy the Ultra DLC for the Xbox version, too.  The thing is, it's still just a retail version of DLC.  It's not very different than a GotY edition of any other game or one of those XBL discs that contains a disc version of Live Arcade games.  It's still just a disc version of DLC for a really old game.  I don't think anybody expected a disc version to come to the Wii U.  In the other thread, there were even people that expressed that the disc version of Ultra SFIV won't sell very much because everybody already owns the game.