By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

half assed is a myth. Multiplats have better graphics on wiiu. This techusa guy is the dumbest.

Around the Network

Well atleast wii u is getting them at all.

True.. This is 1. not next gen games 2. doesn't drive hardware. Pathetic :/

Those graphics are AWESOME!!! They made me feel younger, as if the last ten years hadn't passed at all!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

curl-6 said:
Trine 2: Director's Cut and Need For Speed Most Wanted U give a taste of what can be accomplished when devs actually put EFFORT into Wii U multiplats.

The problem is that when they put some real effort the sales are also not very good, I did my part and bought NFS MW but how many more did? people should vote with their wallets.

Around the Network

I'll say here what I commented on the video:

I feel sorry for the naivety of the guy in the video. He still thinks the CEO's and the engineers in those companies are just that stupid.

He doesn't realize that it's not about testing the waters. It's about giving investors an excuse to never have to develop for Nintendo again.

I LOVE ICELAND!

flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:
Trine 2: Director's Cut and Need For Speed Most Wanted U give a taste of what can be accomplished when devs actually put EFFORT into Wii U multiplats.

The problem is that when they put some real effort the sales are also not very good, I did my part and bought NFS MW but how many more did? people should vote with their wallets.

I voted with my wallet; I too own Need for Speed Most Wanted U. It flopped because it was late, the people who wanted it had already bought it.

flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:

I think a big part of the problem is, that no one has any faith in 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles anymore. 3rd parties almost always putting out these inferior, late ports, has made people catiousabout buying any 3rd party game, especially those kind of people who just look at covers or names.

KungKras said:
I'll say here what I commented on the video:

I feel sorry for the naivety of the guy in the video. He still thinks the CEO's and the engineers in those companies are just that stupid.

He doesn't realize that it's not about testing the waters. It's about giving investors an excuse to never have to develop for Nintendo again.

He mentioned something of the sort there.

jake_the_fake1 said:
And all this comes back to Nintendo and their mismanagement of 3rd parties.....who knew!?!?

In all seriousness, fans shouldn't complain about 3rd parties, cuz if 3rd parties didn't put the games they're putting out right now, ports or not, the WiiU would be more barren than it is right now, making the WiiU situation worse, Instead Nintendo fans should complain to Nintendo, just look at the people power which caused Microsoft to drop DRM, I'm sure the same can twist Nintendo's arm s they can get their shit together and spend some of their money, which they're currently hording, to get stuff done right for their fans.

Simply put, Nintendo needs to step up to the plate, and get better ports with added content by talking with 3rd parties, while their at it get 3rd parties to release newer games which will be releasing on the PS3/360 even if Nintendo have to spend a little bit of cash....it's not rocket science, Microsoft did it with GTA and it ensured the game come out day and date of the Playstation release, hell they even did it with MGS2/3 back during the xbox days. This is something the platform holder needs to do, the fact Nintendo doesn't bother goes to show how much they care, which is to say, they don't care too much....well that's the perception they give.

Look I understand Nintendo's been struggling with HD development, it's why they've delayed some many games till next year, it happened to Sony and Microsoft as well when the PS3/360 launched. But Nintendo had at least 5 years in which they could of better prepared considering what they saw happened to both Sony and Microsoft, they could of bulked up their teams especially when they started moving to WiiU development, they should of started cutting deals with more 3rd parties early on before the WiiU was even launched, something like what they've done with bayonnetta 2 and X but with BIG multiplat tittles like FIFI, Madden, BF4, and GTA5.

I don't know, the fact that the WiiU isn't getting Madden and FIFI this year, kinda reminds me how the Sega Dreamcast didn't get them either and soon after Sega left the hardware market, Nintendo is not leaving the hardware market cuz they have money, but I'm just sayin......

anyways, my 2 cents.

No company will pay devs to receive the same treatment they give others for free. IT'S THE DEVS PEOPLE SHOULD COMPLAIN, WHAT CAN NINTENDO DO? THE CONSOLE IS THERE AND THE DEV KITS TOO.